What's new

Add birthday in calendar

imser75

Reaction score
I´m not sure if I post this in the right part of the forum. I did search but found no similar threads, if there are any, I apologize for making a new one and/or posting wrong.

Is it possible to add birthdays in the calendar without having them in contacts or facebook? My friends kids doesnt have their own phones nor facebook.

I usually do this by opening the calendar and adding a new event. I set it to repeat every year. Hope that helps.

Yes do like Jamie said. That is the easiest way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But will they show up in the birthday calendar? What if I want to use the birthday calendar?

If you use any of your email calendars, use your computer, browse to your calendar online, then create a bd calendar, save it. Open your iPhone calendar and it will sync up the changes, you will see a new bd calendar added to the existing ones.

If you add someone's birthdate to their contact info it will show up on the calendar as a birthday and will reoccur every year

If you add someone's birthdate to their contact info it will show up on the calendar as a birthday and will reoccur every year
yeah but only if your contacts sync up with iCloud, iCloud in turn will sync the birthday info to your iCloud calendar in your iPhone, and yes it will reoccur every year. I have never tried it without iCloud so i don't know if it will work out without iCloud or not.

bab2010 said:
yeah but only if your contacts sync up with iCloud, iCloud in turn will sync the birthday info to your iCloud calendar in your iPhone, and yes it will reoccur every year. I have never tried it without iCloud so i don't know if it will work out without iCloud or not.

I don't use iCloud and it has worked for me. If you go to edit a specific contact from your iPhone and scroll down and select add field a dialog box shows up for a birthday as well as other dialog boxes. Insert the date and it will show up right away on your calendar

But back to part of the original question.. what if the person doesnt have a contact? LIke my freind's children. Do I have to make a contact for every person to have them in the bd calendar?