What's new

Adappt is an Apple Watch Adapter That Allows Any Watchband to be Used

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
Apple-Watch-band-adapter-options.jpg
Even though it hasn't hit the market yet, we expect the Apple Watch to release with a number of problems and things folks will have to adapt to while using the device. One notable issue with the device is that Apple requires its customers to use bands equipped with the Apple Watch adapter.

Adappt is an Apple Watch accessory looking to change the problem folks will experience in the future. The accessory works as a watchband adapter, allowing for any standard watchband to work with the Apple Watch. The adapter basically substitutes the first chain link in a watchband and gives users the ability to attach their own.

Adappt is currently running a $50,000 IndieGoGo campaign with $6,000 raised and 35 days to go. The adapter will come in several different colors along with plastic, anodized aluminium, stainless and gold plated steel materials. This are both 38mm and 42mm options available, with a June 2015 estimated shipping date.

Last edited:
I wonder if one of the hurdles to overcome will be the need to match Apple's manufacturing methods in order for these adapters to match the look of the Apple Watch case.

They'll certainly need precision manufacturing of a very high order if they expect it to fit properly when attached to the Apple Watch case.

I have a strange idea to make an adapter that doesn't attach to anything and makes the watch like a mini iPod nano

Brandon
Scholten

I have a strange idea to make an adapter that doesn't attach to anything and makes the watch like a mini iPod nano

Brandon
Scholten
Or perhaps make one that has a clip on the back of it so users can clip it onto a shirt collar or something. How much music will the watch hold? I wonder if this would be attractive to runners.

I will have to find out when I get to my house will give more info

Brandon
Scholten

Or perhaps make one that has a clip on the back of it so users can clip it onto a shirt collar or something. How much music will the watch hold? I wonder if this would be attractive to runners.
It was posted somewhere before: 2 GB can hold music.