What's new

Activator may be preventing my headset button from working properly

elguezio

Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.3.3 running Activator 1.5.6. My headset button is able to pause and resume music and do voice commands but that’s it. Double tapping it doesn’t go to the next track, triple tapping doesn’t reverse the track, and pressing the button once won’t pick up calls or hang up existing calls. This started happening after an upgrade I think. It definitely used to work with Activator but doesn’t anymore. I've also tried other headsets and they all have the same problem. Any guesses?

For the headset button you can only assign "short hold" or "single press" that is why the double tap, triple tap, etc. don't work.

Thanks for the response.

I understand that you can't override the double and triple tap behavior with Activator, but are you sure it actually goes so far as to disable the system behavior for these actions? And what about answering and hanging up the phone?

Can you or anyone confirm these things don't work on your jailbroken iPhone with Activator? I would find this very surprising and expect more comments like mine online (I wasn't able to find any) if that were the case.

As far as I know the headset button doesn't support double or triple taps natively either. It's only used for accepting or ending a call(single tap).

I promise you it does and always has supported double and triple tap for next track and previous track. Give it a shot on yours.

elguezio said:
I promise you it does and always has supported double and triple tap for next track and previous track. Give it a shot on yours.

I agree.

Attachments

• $image-1298553658.jpg
    $image-1298553658.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:
Jmills87 said:
Just tried it on mine, double-tap skips to next song but triple tap does nothing

It may be your headset. You have to press it very fast in order for it to work.

Jmills87 said:
I accidentally let it go through the wash haha, the headphones still work fine but maybe it messed up the button

Probably so. It's no big deal though