What's new

activating pay as you go rogers- Canada

coldkilla

Reaction score
I just went on the website and i also called the support line to set up a pay as you go account, and they said they cannot activate it thru a pay as you go account for the iPhone 4... how am i suppose to make it work thru a pay as you go account...

What i am thinking of is... i go buy a micros simcard, than use the IME (code on the cellphone) from my brothers phone which is actually a pay as you go phone, than after i do that i can just put it into my iPhone 4? instead of actually putting it into a pay as you go phone... would that work? or is there a better plan that ppl usually do.. do ppl usually jailbreak it and it will work or something.. im really fustrated..

Yes, I think it will work. The sim card will only cost you $10. (regular and micro together in one package). I would put it into iphone to see if you can activate it, and I think it will. If not, then try your method.

A pay as you go sim will activate a contract iphone as long as it's the sim of the carrier it's locked to. I used to activate my old 3G with a pay as you go sim that wasn't even activated itself then. I think rogers is trying to get you to take a contract out...