What's new

Activate iPhone 4S using JailBreak

brvaland

Reaction score
Hi All

My iPhone 4S is locked with AT&T network and i would like to activate the phone via Jailbreak so i can use it as iPod. Is it possible?

I tried "Absinthe untethered A5 Jailbreak" but it says "Beginning Jailbreak, this may take a while ...", it is hung at this screen for last 20min. Will it do anything?

Please advise?

There's no way to activate a 4S without an official SIM. But like reahn said, I don't know why you don't just get an iPod Touch. An iPhone is FAR more expensive than an iPT. It would be an incredible waste of money to use an iPhone as an iPod.

There's no way to activate a 4S without an official SIM. But like reahn said, I don't know why you don't just get an iPod Touch. An iPhone is FAR more expensive than an iPT. It would be an incredible waste of money to use an iPhone as an iPod.

I want to use iPhone as iPod until unlock is available. I have an AT&T standard sim but there is no service (A friend forgotten and got a replacement sim of AT&T), so of I cut and use it to activate will that work?

Option 2: As I am in UK so will not have any AT&T sim, should get my friend to send me pay-go AT&T sim to activate the iPhone.

Please advise?

Your best bet is going to be Option 2... get an At&t Go Phone Sim and activate your phone w/ that. You can find them really cheap on eBay and Quibids if you want to go that route.

Yes - I was checking sim on eBay and do I have to activate sim as well. Will I be able activate sim in uk? Or am looking under a wrong section.

If you can send a few links from eBay or Quibid would be helpful.

Shouldn't have to activate the Sim... once you get it, it'll be good to go.
Thanks - So am I good to purchase this AT&T Pay-As-You-Go Sim from Ebay..................... ***Moderation Notice: Deleted Outside Link***

Last edited by a moderator:
Took care of the outside link... but the answer is yes you'll be good to go with that Sim card. :)

For me option 1 worked. I just got inactive AT&T card standard sim cut to micro-sim and insert and passed through the activation process.

Just a last question - As "Absinthe untethered A5 Jailbreak" was stuck "Beginning Jailbreak, this may take a while ...", so jailbreak failed therefore can i assume that there was no changes done on the phone?

Do I need to restore my iPhone 4S through iTunes incase something was changed.?

I have restarted the iPhone and it works fine. I am now just waiting for dev team to come up with an unlock so i can start using it as a Phone.