What's new

About iOS and Jailbreaking. Experts Please Help ME regarding This

muznybozz

Reaction score
hi eveeryone i have a big doubt i was hunting all over the net to find a solution and ultimately reached here. My problem is that i have a 3GS and my brother has a iPhone 4:facetime:. I bought it from one of my friend and noticed the cydia app and understood that it has been jailbroken(my friend told too) but its iOS version is 4.1 (or something). but i want to update it to iOS6.x and new versions. I want to know Whether updating to iOS 6 in jailbroken status will harm my phone or not? and will i be able to jailbreak after updating to iOS 6.x.x using Evasi0n 1.3?? What I want to do and also to which version should i update first and jailbreak???>>>>Experts Please Explain me briefly as i am a very new to iPhone .<<<<<

My Next Problem is with my Iphone 4:iphone4vert:. its running on iOS 5.1 and still its not jailbroken (we bought it from apple outlet). so wat should i do to upadte my iphone 4 to 6.x.x and can i jailbreak it with Evasi0n tool. here also the same problem to Which iOS Version Should i update first and Jailbreak.

!!!!!!Experts i am begging you all to help me plzzzz.:iphone4half::iphone4half::iphone4half::iphone4half:!!!!!!!!!!

It won't harm your phone if you upgrade properly. Perform a DFU restore using iTunes on the device and jailbreak using Evasi0n 1.4 (the latest version), which supports iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1, 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. If you're relying on UltraSn0w to unlock your device, you'll need to see whether your not your device is a new or old bootrom before we can continue since you might have to preserve your baseband if necessary.

Without SHSH blobs, your only option is to restore to iOS 6.1.2. Since your device is already jailbroken, you should have the blobs for quite a few iOS's. You'll need to install iTunes 11, and download the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW for the iPhone 3GS below. Put the 3GS into DFU mode and shift + click Restore in iTunes and point it to your IPSW that you downloaded and let iTunes restore your device. For more in-depth information, look at the sticky below the download link on the fail-safe method of restoring a device.

iPhone 3GS iOS 6.1.2 IPSW download

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...afe-method-restore-current-version-ios-26019/

You can jailbreak any iDevice on any iOS 6 so far using Evasi0n 1.4, all iPod Touches, iPhones and iPads on iOS 6 of any kind. Again, you can only upgrade to an iOS that's no longer being signed if you have the SHSH blobs for that device. Or, your only option is to restore to iOS 6.1.2, which is the current latest iOS. iOS 6 has an untethered jailbreak, whereas iOS 5.1 has a tethered jailbreak. Read the following stickies before doing anything so that we know what certain things mean, why they're important and such.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/thinking-jailbreaking-but-not-sure-13086/

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i.../shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions-19986/

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/

thanx a lot . I got many things From your article. and i want to know how to create a backup of my iPhone:iphone4half: in itunes my iTunes version is 11.0 (i think the latest until i see a update msg LOL :p).

And also the restore button. Could you plzzz tel me exactly where it is . It would be a great helppp.
Thznx in advance :)

To make the sidebar visible, do the following:

riKzqkQ.png

lOLHSYq.png

RCzKkKp.png

#1 is the restore button. If you ever need to point iTunes to a specific IPSW, you would need to hold shift and click on it (command and click for OSX)

#2 is the area where you want your backup to be stored. I'd personally prefer having it on the computer since it reads and writes to your PC faster than it does on iCloud. But opinions differ, some users like iCloud, some don't. That's up to you. Plus, if your backup is huge and you didn't expand your iCloud storage capacity, you won't have enough room.

#3 is the button you press after choosing #2. It'll create a backup for your device. You'll know that it's successful when you have the little date right underneath the button.

wiilerz2 u desrve a salute. Helped me alott.
so if i want to update/downgrade to to a specific iOS i want to click the #1 Restore iphone option am i correct.?????

Just clicking on it will get you to the latest iOS. If you want a specific iOS, you need to shift+click. If you want a specific iOS, you must put your device into DFU mode AND you must have SHSH blobs if the specific iOS is not the latest iOS.

I am going to update to iOS 6.1.2 So do i need any SHSH blobs.
(dont blame me for disturbin u always)

The latest iOS never requires blobs as they're stored, retrieved and used when requested from Apple's servers. For iOS's that are no longer being signed (meaning iOS 6.1.1 and below), blobs are not stored on Apple's servers, meaning you have to store them locally on your computer, or store them remotely on Cydia's servers

so the solution is using Tinyumbrella.and storing manually is that correct??
and if we stored manually, can we relocate(restore) it manually by tinyumbrella or do i need any softwares to relocate manually??

TinyUmbrella is one of many utilities that can save blobs. Using TinyUmbrella, you can only retrieve 2 types of blobs:
  • SHSH blobs saved on Cydia already.
  • SHSH blobs for the LATEST iOS only from Apple.
If say you don't have blobs on Cydia, and you want blobs for iOS 6.1 on your device, you cannot retrieve those anymore. If they're not saved locally/remotely, and the iOS signing has closed, you cannot save the blobs as mentioned in the SHSH blob sticky by @f4780y.

If you want to use the blobs, you'll need IPSW utilities like RedSn0w to use them as TinyUmbrella does not directly support IPSW management (creating custom IPSW using SHSH blobs or restoring using them, etc)

Willerz2 Can give me links of stickies about jailbreaking and how to (y):ipod:

hi willerz2
So after putting in to DFU mode i have to plug into the iTunes.
my doubt is will it show my phone as usual as http://i.imgur.com/RCzKkKp.png (u mentioned in the previous page of interface of itunes) with all the buttons
especially Restore button
and will i be able to select my preferred iOS using shift+Click on the restore button.???
plss help

You can only selectively restore if you have the proper SHSH blobs. Otherwise, your only option is to restore to the latest iOS.

Hi willerz2
Jailbroke my iphone 4with evasi0n. iam in debt for ur support.
i dont know how to install an application from Cydia.
can u tell me how with screen shots

Last edited: