What's new

About Capacity

bridgebb

Reaction score
I bought an iPhone 4s 16gb at the beginning of the month. However, I found that the capacity of it is only 13.6, is that common?

Beside that, it is really amazing stuff, I love it so much.

bridgebb said:
I bought an iPhone 4s 16gb at the beginning of the month. However, I found that the capacity of it is only 13.6, is that common?

Mine was the same when i got iPhone 4 Normal I think Nothing to worry about

Ok, thank you so much. I was just a little bit worry about it before.

Some of the memory is allocated to the original software loaded into your phone. This is used when you do a hard reset. It sets the phone back to how you bought it by using the software in the memory. If this wasn't there you'd find it hard to do a reset unless you was a wizard with phones and pcs. Pcs are the same also. Says 150gb pc but infact it'll be 148gb 2gb will be used for hard resets/formats.

iHolophyte

My 64 GB 4S has only 57.4 GB capacity.
That's par for the course.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net

Some of the memory is allocated to the original software loaded into your phone. This is used when you do a hard reset. It sets the phone back to how you bought it by using the software in the memory. If this wasn't there you'd find it hard to do a reset unless you was a wizard with phones and pcs. Pcs are the same also. Says 150gb pc but infact it'll be 148gb 2gb will be used for hard resets/formats.

iHolophyte

I am grateful to your analysis. It helps me a lot. Actually, I knew that there would be some differnece between the memory alleged and the actual memory, eg harddisk. Intitially, I thought the gap might be a little bit huge.

I am grateful to your analysis. It helps me a lot. Actually, I knew that there would be some differnece between the memory alleged and the actual memory, eg harddisk. Intitially, I thought the gap might be a little bit huge.

No I think it's right.

021ba07e-5343-8cad.jpg

That's mine and says 13.7 although my iPhone is 16gb

iHolophyte

Wow, I can't thank OP enough for this thread. I haven been battling myself for roughly 1 month over which new phone to get, either Samsung Gs2 or the 4s. Currently I am rocking a sweet T-Mobile G1. Admit it, you are jealous. I was curious about the actual capactiy of the 4s, as I am 99.99% sure I will be ordering mine on Monday, but I still had some lingering doubts about the infamous "missing memory" that is synonimous with all HDD's of nearly any capacity.

Wow, I can't thank OP enough for this thread. I haven been battling myself for roughly 1 month over which new phone to get, either Samsung Gs2 or the 4s. Currently I am rocking a sweet T-Mobile G1. Admit it, you are jealous. I was curious about the actual capactiy of the 4s, as I am 99.99% sure I will be ordering mine on Monday, but I still had some lingering doubts about the infamous "missing memory" that is synonimous with all HDD's of nearly any capacity.

99.99% actually means YES you will be buying the 4s as 0.01% doesn't have enough % to deter you. If you'd have said "I'm 78.5% " then we would think, are you or ain't you? (Laughs out loud) have fun with the 4s when you 99.99% buy it 😝

iHolophyte

Yea I don't know why I was even considering anything else! Picked up my 4s last night, and am currently ignoring work while I play on it. So far, it exceeds my expectations, and I absolutely love it!