What's new

A very friendly suggestion....

DaytonAnnie

Reaction score
I am clearly a noob, and there are many other noobs here as well, from all over the world. Language barriers are one thing but I think that many of us noobs are not fluent in the geek-speak, techno-speak that is used here. Not everyone understands the acronyms, the apple-speak, etc. So perhaps a Glossary of sorts might be helpful. Just a thought anyway. ;):confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:
But then, the topic name is not suitable, because if I start listing some of the acronyms definitions here, you will know what they mean, people who want to know what's going on will see it, but a noob to the forum who's performing a quick search to find definitions of apple acronyms will not see this thread in the search result, thing which goes against your idea unfortunately. What about coming back with a proper topic name for that acronyms things?

BAB, I'm not sure what you mean. What I am suggesting is the need for a Glossary, which is "An alphabetical list of terms or words found in or relating to a specific subject, text, or dialect, with explanations; a brief dictionary."

Perhaps I posted this in the wrong forum, and if so, once again I have egg on my face. I'm hoping the one of the MOD's will move it to the proper forum.

But then, the topic name is not suitable, because if I start listing some of the acronyms definitions here, you will know what they mean, people who want to know what's going on will see it, but a noob to the forum who's performing a quick search to find definitions of apple acronyms will not see this thread in the search result, thing which goes against your idea unfortunately. What about coming back with a proper topic name for that acronyms things?

So what about a sticky with this information?

Dave, I think that's a great idea.... anything to help new people to the iPhone figure things out and understand the advice they are receiving!

I like this idea and I think raves idea of making it a sticky would help most people.

@DaytonAnnie, could you provide a list of words etc. that you wish to be explained? Once we have a good size list to start of with I'll create a sticky (providing the other mods agree) in the help section. Then we can add to it as new things come up...

Sure! I'll start compiling tonight... I'm getting ready to be offline for awhile, but I'll get right on it!