• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but not like this...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IPV6

Reaction score
Dear Apple,

Thanks very much for bringing the new iPhone 6 to market and letting us all play with the latest technology.
Thanks also for putting some thought into allowing those with smaller hands or shorter fingers to access the areas of the screen we could not otherwise reach with one hand using 'Reachability'.

For those readers who are not aware, reachability enables users to reach areas of the screen on your iPhone 6 or 6+ with one hand, by double tapping the home-button (note:- double tapping not clicking.) When you perform this actions, the displays promptly springs down to allow you to reach the top areas of the display render.

There are 2 problems with this, firstly the display will spring back to its original full screen state after performing a single action preventing you from performing multiple actions (such as entering text into Safari and pressing a button.). Secondly, by hiding the bottom half of the display, familiar layouts can become confusing.

What I would prefer to see is the entire screen when I double tap the home button, but perhaps shrunk to 4 inch size or iPhone 5s size (approx 75-80%). I would also like it to be left hand or right hand capable through reachabilities settings. In addition I would like to be able to control when I shrink or resize the screen, so it does not bounce back when I am least expecting it do. I would suggest the same action (a double touch of the home button) to restore the original size.

See the attached images for what this would look like when in reachability mode both left and right handed.

Let me know if you agree, or what alternative you would suggest.

Attachments

• iphone6-box-space-gray-2014_GEO_EMEA_LANG_LH.png
    iphone6-box-space-gray-2014_GEO_EMEA_LANG_LH.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 3,432
  • iphone6-box-space-gray-2014_GEO_EMEA_LANG_RH.png
    iphone6-box-space-gray-2014_GEO_EMEA_LANG_RH.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 630
what you suggest would be great and i would pay for it as an app
biggest help would be in dialing phone #'s