What's new

6 Plus Battery Life experiences

MksTn

Reaction score
I am amazed at the battery life on this 6+ phone. I don't consider myself a power user or even a heavy probably more average typeuser but still I can go two or even three days before I charge the phone. Generally I will charge every other day but like now I am on day two still with 67% charge. May be it drops quickly towards the lower end. Not sure about that. I keep my screen times out at 3 mins and screen brightness at least 3/4%.

The recharge from 50% is super quick. I am totally impressed. Beats my old Samsung hands down. Hope it stays this way.

What are you all finding?

I also cannot believe the battery life. I had a Samsung Galaxy S5 before and it did not come close on battery like the 6 plus has. I hope it continues.

I'm a heavy user. I use it at home and a lot at work. I'm constantly on the phone. I get about 36 hrs out of a charge. I'm very impressed

I've had iPhones in the past and know that iOS does a great job of squeezing all the life they can out of a battery, but the 6+ is amazing. Just for S&Gs, I decided not to charge my iPhone 6+ this weekend. I removed it from the charger Friday at 4am and went to work. Sunday night I finally put it back on the charger around 8pm. When I plugged it in, it has 16% battery left. That's an insane amount of time for a phone to be off the charger IMO. I didn't use it much, obviously, but still I'm shocked it lasted that long.

Things I did with it:
Friday - 4am 100%
Watched about an hour or more of NetFlix.
4 Phone calls
Probably 20 texts
Read emails most of the day
Played Words with Friends several times.

Saturday
2 Phone calls
Probably 30 texts

Sunday - 8pm 16%
1 Phone call
Probably 5 texts

I've had iPhones in the past and know that iOS does a great job of squeezing all the life they can out of a battery, but the 6+ is amazing. Just for S&Gs, I decided not to charge my iPhone 6+ this weekend. I removed it from the charger Friday at 4am and went to work. Sunday night I finally put it back on the charger around 8pm. When I plugged it in, it has 16% battery left. That's an insane amount of time for a phone to be off the charger IMO. I didn't use it much, obviously, but still I'm shocked it lasted that long.

Things I did with it:
Friday - 4am 100%
Watched about an hour or more of NetFlix.
4 Phone calls
Probably 20 texts

Saturday
2 Phone calls
Probably 30 texts

Sunday - 8pm 16%
1 Phone call
Probably 5 texts
Thats amazing Scotty considering the big screen.

bef0e06d57b1a6f1272f6c850edd08da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surely not going to complain! I'm very happy with the battery life!

Great report Scotty... Youtoo bwalk. My friend with an iPhone 6 (not the plus) does not get this kind of battery life.

My 6 plus. I had the regular 6 Mks Tn , it wasn't bad, but it wasn't the beast the 6 plus is by any means (talking about battery life)

The 6 plus has the best battery of any phone I've ever had! By far! The Note 4 was decent but not as good as the 6 plus! Some times after an 8 hr shift at work, I'll still be at 100% on the way home. Granted I hardly use it at work, that is still awesome! Most phones start dropping just being off the charger. Apple has great battery on standby

Standby time is amazing, always liked that a bout iPhone's.