What's new

5 Million iOS Games Downloaded Daily by 63 Million iOS Gamers in US and Europe

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
newzoo_iOS_gamers_data.png

International games market research firm Newzoo and app store analytics company Distimo have announced today that they’ve entered into a partnership to provide unique monthly data on game sales and downloads across all Apple App Stores. They've started as they mean to go on today by publishing their first set of iOS gaming figures, based on the App Stores in the US, UK, Germany, France, Spain, The Netherlands and Belgium. According to the new figures, more than 5 million games a day were downloaded in the seven aforementioned countries in March alone, with the 63 million iOS gamers in these countries downloading an average of 2.5 games per month. According to the data, the share of iPhone owners who play iOS games is between 50 and 75%.

Newzoo and Distimo also looked at in-game spending, finding that in-game purchases within free and paid iOS games amount to more than 40% of total money spent, and are actually expected to overtake upfront payments for games in the second half of 2011. The data also shows that the higher a game’s ranking, the better it does, with the download volumes and revenues of the top 25 ranked games being a factor five to six times higher than those of the games ranked 26 to 50.

Source: Newzoo

Last edited:
i would of thought the figures would be much higher for both europe and the us. but its a huge market for the devs who make thousands and even hundreds of thousand for simple games/apps.. i wish i knew the coding so i could make a game or app