What's new

5.1 update

stro32

Reaction score
After updating to 5.1... My iPhone 4s has become unstable... Progressively crashing more and more till I have to reset it... Works fine for a few hours then stability issues return... Any suggestions?

My iPhone 4 will not update to 5.1. I have tried through WI FI and I get a message that an error occurred and to try again. I tried through iTunes and could never make a connection. I did a system restore and that did not help. I called Apple support and they told me that the servers were overloaded. I am on my third day and still no connection. Any ideas.

Wait for the invite to appear on your screen and you will get straight through.

[Moderator edit: Removed link to advertisement. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
After updating to 5.1... My iPhone 4s has become unstable... Progressively crashing more and more till I have to reset it... Works fine for a few hours then stability issues return... Any suggestions?

So, any luck with that stability problem yet, stro....? Keep us posted. I'm especially interested in 5.01 upgrade stability, since at some future date (WAY future) I'll probably upgrade my 4.1 iOS -- for reasons yet unknown, except for being able to d/l a few more apps.

Wait for the invite to appear on your screen and you will get straight through.

[Moderator edit: Removed link to advertisement. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Which screen will issue an invite? I have tried again today and all I get is unable to contact the iPhone update server through iTunes and "an error occurred while trying to download" through the Wi Fi.

Lazeybob said:
Which screen will issue an invite? I have tried again today and all I get is unable to contact the iPhone update server through iTunes and "an error occurred while trying to download" through the Wi Fi.

As an iOS 5 user, you will automatically get a push notification when a new update is available. I waited for mine and got straight through.
Hope this helps