What's new

error -1

bigcat

Reaction score
Background info (for what it's worth):

16GB iPhone 4s on Verizon.

It has been jailbroken for about 3 months, I used guidemyjailbreak.com

Using MacBook Pro, Lion

It has been working fine, I have been ignoring the iOS 5.1 update because there is no jailbreak for it yet.

Last night, I got "Searching..." where my service and 3G normally is.

I thought it was a verizon thing, until I woke up today with the issue unresolved.

I was upset with this, so I tried updating to 5.1 to solve the issue - I don't care about jail breaking or not at this point.

The 5.1 update failed, and said I needed to restore and update. So I did this, and gave me error -1.

Error -1 is uncommon and I don't know how to fix it. It appears to be stuck in recovery mode, but I cannot for the life of me get it out.

I am currently looking at the iPhone screen with the usb port with the arrow to iTunes and that's where it lies - a vegetable.

I'm still new at this, so if you're kind enough to tell me to use tinyubrella to fix it, please explain how.

Thanks in advance, this is very frustrating!

Tonight, I downloaded the iPhone 4S 5.1 Firmware (I think, don't remember where from either) and tried option+restore in iTunes. I still get error (-1).

If I take it in to Verizon store or Apple, will they turn be away because it was jailbroken, or will they me able to see that anymore?

NEED HELP!

Last edited:
I took it in to apple. They said "ya, it's broken. Here's a new phone."

Thanks for all the help...

bigcat said:
I took it in to apple. They said "ya, it's broken. Here's a new phone."

Thanks for all the help...

Yes it's sad no one responded to your call for help.Sorry buddy.Glad you got it sorted though.