What's new

4s to a 5

Borvad

Reaction score
Dad had an old slider Samsung, never had any interest in any new kinds of phones.
We got him a 3 last Sept for his birthday.
Low and behold from Jan this year he's been doing our heads in.

"this doesnt do this, cant get lottery on it"

Anyway, he paid for it but I went out and got him a second hand brand new sealed in the box 5.
Hes still waiting for his nano-sim to come but has offered me the 5, and he takes my 4s.
I'm on contract which ends June next year, so when it comes, I'll give him the 5 and I'll get whatever new one is out then.

My question is, is there a way I can save all my apps and things on the 4 so I can just have it transferred to the 5?
How do I reset the 4s back to factory once I've done that to pass it on to Dad.

Thanks

Syncing your purchases to iTunes by logging in to your Apple ID. Or, you can do a full backup of your phone by going to iTunes, then open up your device's profile on the left side bar, and click Backup. Make sure the location is to your computer and not iCloud. Since you want to transfer all your contacts and other stuff over as well (music, videos, notes, etc), you can do this to transfer your entire phone basically.

As for wiping down the device, restore it using iTunes. Less problematic and less to clean up after compared to using Settings.

How do you restore it to factory via iTunes?

Simply click Restore on the device a profile page on the left hand task bar in iTunes. It'll download the latest IPSW for the device and will proceed to restore it. Make sure you backup the device first before restoring

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

All good up to this point thanks.............my apps dont seem to have appeared on the 5.
Surely I dont need to go into the app store and download them all one by one???

You should be able to view all your purchases on iTunes and sync them all at once. I'm not particularly fond of iTunes nor do I use it as often as a user should when moving as much data back and forth from my device so I haven't been fidgeting around with it for a while now, but that was the case back when it was my primary utility for iOS data transfers