What's new

4S SHOULD NOT be full yet it says it is

allanonjj

Reaction score
phone has 303 pics, 365 songs, 62videos(no movies), 3 pages of apps (including 5.1.1 ios apps,..have not done the newest update).... theres NO WAY its full,... Ive had 3 times this much data on my older iphones,.. its really bugging me!
What should I check first?

What size phone do u have I cude see that filling up a 16gb iPhone

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome to the community!
Have you tried rebooting your device by holding down the power and home buttons together until the apple logo comes on?

sorry,... its a 16 gig but I still dont see how that would fill this phone up,.. I checked and the photos/vids are 5 gigs,.. that leaves over 10 gigs to the songs/apps,.....I say thats impossible (with what apps I have). I read that someone else had a similar problem and reset their phone as a new device,.. I havent tried that yet,... Im gonna try it but Id still like to know where this extra data is on my phone. I checked and there is no extra non-synced data on there so this puzzles me. I know there are iphone gurus who can tell where every bit of data is on there,.. thats what Id like to know,.. so that I dont get into this issue again.

Is it trying to sync to iCloud? That may be the message you are refering to. My wife's would say the same until I stopped syncing things like pictures and mudic, after that it was fine.

Is it trying to sync to iCloud? That may be the message you are refering to. My wife's would say the same until I stopped syncing things like pictures and mudic, after that it was fine.
I dont sync anything to icloud,.. the error message is "Cannot Take Photo There is not enough available storage to take a photo. You can manage your storage in settings"

Take a screen shot of this page and post it $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349112495.543058.jpg

??????? Did you fix it????????

I had a similar problem. If your phone is jail broken, you could try icleaner located in cydia. Safe to use and really does a nice job cleaning away unnecessary files on your phone. Maybe this will help free space!