What's new

4.0.1 update

Ajfb004

Reaction score
Updated mine and the bars look different and then I tried to duplicate the death grip. It was a fruitless pursuit because the bars never dropped. I called a few friends and phone never dropped call. So I put mu bumper back on and left with this in mind. Everyone crying that the thing was a design flaw is now left with egg on their faces. There was a very simple solution for them to begin with. If they were dissatisfied with the phone Apple gave them 30 days to return it with no stocking fee. Yet some still hinge on complaining it was an epic fail in engineering and declaring Apple iPhone dead.

So a software update fixed everything except for the people who had horrible AT&T reception to begin with

I can still drop bars on mine in low signal areas. But it does not go right it NO SERVICE like it did. So far I can still make calls on that one bar....so I'm not complaining :)

bars look the same to me lol but still upgraded. this fw was basically the antenna problem only?

Don't see anything different either except the signal bar looks slightly different. Does anyone know if they fixed/addressed the bluetooth compatibility issues?

Getting 3-4 bars now at home, instead of 5, but no change in reception. I've had the phone for a week. No dropped calls yet from the locations where i've used the phone. Still a happy user.

I Upgraded to 4.0.1, still get dropped calles, no difference in bars.

mine only drops sometimes but thats just where im living so not really any issue for me

Worked with Apple all day Friday after trying to download 4.0.1. I have a firmware problem so my iPhone of 4 days was sent back yesterday. Hope to have new phone Monday. Anyone else have this problem?:(

so thats why it would not update? a firmware problem and you had to send the phone back? first time i hear of this type of problem

The 4.01 Firmware Relase had nothing to do with fixing the antenna Issue, Only the way the phone shows the signal you do have. Larger bars 1,2 and 3.
If you had the death grip problem before you have it after the update. This was explained by Jobs that they were changing the way the iphone 4 shows reception...

Worked with Apple all day Friday after trying to download 4.0.1. I have a firmware problem so my iPhone of 4 days was sent back yesterday. Hope to have new phone Monday. Anyone else have this problem?:(

I had this same issue when I tried to update my phone. I tried everything on the forums and the Apple website, when I was about to give up I thought id try resetting the phone manually (by pressing the lock & home key). Tried reinstalling it & went through the installation flawlessly. I had to resynch all my music and apps of course but at least I had a working phone. So if its not too late try that :) I hope this helps everyone who has that issue.

Alls i have to say... Hopefully you guys saved your blobs via tinyumbrella. Although like most said, there isnt really anything different in .0.1

Alls i have to say... Hopefully you guys saved your blobs via tinyumbrella. Although like most said, there isnt really anything different in .0.1

If your worrying about a jailbreak or carrier unlock, the baseband on the IP4 Atleast is the same on 4.01 as it was on 4.0, A jailbreak unlock on the 4 will work on the 4.01. but do save your 4.01 SHSH blobs as 4.1 will have a baseband update that may kill both the soon to be jailbreak and unlock....

i never had to do any of this saving shsh. but apple are making it so much hassle to jailbreak.. how do you save that anyway?