What's new

3gs - Went to upgrade to IOS 6 and now the phone keeps resetting

citix

Reaction score
I just bought it and needed a software update, once commencing it, the installation bar got around 20% then all of a sudden it started resetting itself. It will turn off and then show the apple logo for around 10 seconds, then turn off for 4 seconds and keeps doing this cycle.

I have tried holding down the power button and it can turn off, but turning it on and it continues resetting itself. Connecting it to my laptop doesn't do anything either.

OK, so affter a look around, I resolved it by connecting the phone up to my laptop and holding down the menu button, one hurdle jumped, but now there's another...

After updating the phone, it has basically reset itself, asking language country etc. After asking to find a connection to either wifi or itunes, it now wont activate my phone.

I'll find an answer on the forum, unless fruitful, please respond with support on this matter.

citix said:
OK, so affter a look around, I resolved it by connecting the phone up to my laptop and holding down the menu button, one hurdle jumped, but now there's another...

After updating the phone, it has basically reset itself, asking language country etc. After asking to find a connection to either wifi or itunes, it now wont activate my phone.

I'll find an answer on the forum, unless fruitful, please respond with support on this matter.

Was your phone originally locked to a carrier and did you get it unlocked? With an unlocked phone, you will lose the unlock when you restore the phone, unless is is a factory unlock.

This thread may be of help to you.http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-unlocking-69/iphone-unlocking-guide-beginners-35540/

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

Last edited: