What's new

3GS w/ Baseband 6.15.0 and IOS 6.1.3

avian100

Reaction score
Is there anyway to downgrade the baseband after you install IOS 6.1.3 ? it seems that now its wont activate . somebody upgraded the IOS to 6.1.3 before downgrading the baseband from 6.15.0 now it wont get past activation screen.

If you're on a new bootrom, you'll have to downgrade your iOS back to 4.1, downgrade the baseband there, then upgrade back to iOS 6.1.3. You can hacktivate the device using RedSn0w by jailbreaking it using the 6.0 IPSW for the 3GS.

I would need the Blobs to downgrade to 4.1 correct , Cause I dont have them.

No. 4.1 is still signing for all devices that have iOS 4.1.

Great it worked got my baseband off 6.15.00 THANKS alot how can i upgrade my IOS without upgrading my baseband so I can unlock?

Use RedSn0w. Go to Extras > Custom IPSW. Select the iOS 6.1.3 IPSW for the 3GS. A pop-up should come up saying that you can use the Restore feature. If needed, select the iOS 6.1.3 IPSW for the 3GS again, and for blobs, select remote (don't think you have to do this, but just in case). A pop-up should come up asking if you want to preserve your baseband, say that you do. Then a prompt will ask you to put your device into DFU mode to Pwned DFU it. Follow the prompts from RedSn0w. Once the restoration is complete, use a Recovery Fix to get yourself out of Recovery Mode.

Remember that iOS 6.1.1-6.1.3 does not have an UltraSn0w Fixer, so you can't use UltraSn0w, which is why I recommend that 3GS users stay on iOS 5 when relying on UltraSn0w.

OK I have tried to make a custom ispw to IOS 5.1 so I can use ultrasnow when I try to install it in a pawned DFU mode itunes gives me error" the phone "iphone" could not be restored this device isn't eligible for the requested build? " any ideas why? right now I have ios 4.1 with 5.13.04 baseband

If you're using iTunes you'll need to create the IPSW, pwned DFU it, then use iTunes. I personally prefer using RedSn0w to do it all since RedSn0w keeps track of what goes on and it both stitches and restore at once.

I tried using redsnow to restore from 4.1 to 5.1 as you suggested its asking me for blobs which I dont have that where I get stuck .

If you don't have blobs you can't restore. I recommend iOS 5 when unlocking because it works out flawlessly. Otherwise, you'll have to restore to an iOS that you have blobs for.

Ok thats what I thought thanks for the clarification . Cheers