What's new

3GS Touch Screen Not Responding

token

Reaction score
I just replaced the front screen and digitizer of a 3GS that I was given for free and I was able to install everything without any struggle until...

When I initially swapped the pieces for the new ones, the home button ":home:" stopped working. I opened the phone back up, noticed a small pin that was bent the wrong way near where the home button was, bent it back into place and voila, the home button works again. The problem now is that after I got the home button to work as it should, the touch screen is not responding. At first it would let me slide the unlock slider from the start screen but only half way, thus meaning I cannot unlock the phone. I tried an IOS restore, not creating any backups because there is nothing important on the phone, but that did not work. I tried opening the phone up again to see if I missed anything but I could not pin point a problem. After putting it back together for the last time, the touch screen is not responding whatsoever. The screen turns on and the picture is fine, but no response to any finger gesture on the screen.

I know that's a mouthful but I wanted to tell you exactly what steps I took in hopes that you might have an idea what could be wrong. I've attached a picture to show that the screen does in fact work. I can make a video for a better example if anyone might need it.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• $3gs.jpg
    $3gs.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 638