What's new

iPhone 4 keeps freezing every now and again would be grateful If anyone could help

Benhalsey

Reaction score
If anyone could help it would be great
I got myself an iPhone 4 ill be using the phone but after a while the touch screen just stops works so I have to hold power button and home button to get it in dfu to turn back on and work some times I just have to press power button and unlock and it works but do I need a new screen someone help me please
Many thanks
Ben

Hi Ben. A little more info please? iOS version... Jailbroken or stock... unlocked & method used?

Chances are you don't need a new screen. Has this iPhone been JB in the past or always been stock?

I believe at one point it was jb for a day but was restored the next afternoon I did not pay for the phone so if it was a new screen I would not mind paying it as I no I can fit them myself

I would suggest restoring & setting up as a "New Device." Make sure you have your contacts, music & data manually synced w/ iTunes and/or iFunbox first. That way everything can be moved back.

I would suggest restoring & setting up as a "New Device." Make sure you have your contacts, music & data manually synced w/ iTunes and/or iFunbox first. That way everything can be moved back.
mate its just made things worse

You've restored as a New Device and not a backup... and your problem is worse?

Agreed. It doesn't make sense. If you restored your device properly and set it up as a new device, your device should be problem free since everything is stock and untouched.

You've restored as a New Device and not a backup... and your problem is worse?
iv restored and coz im still waiting on micro chip i cant get passed the set up and now touch screens not working at all

iv restored and coz im still waiting on micro chip i cant get passed the set up and now touch screens not working at all

You need to jailbreak and hacktivate the iPhone using RedSn0w.

but it wont stop the freezing and i want bypass the set up

You need to jailbreak and hacktivate the iPhone using RedSn0w.
nothing seems to work now im annoyed at my self that iv orderd my new sim and the dam phone wont even unlock if any one has skype or facetime as i have an ipod i would gladly show you