What's new

Iphone 4 help

ANC297

Reaction score
I have a jailbreak on my iPhone 4, and my power/lock button is stuck. I went to Apple store this morning and they told me I had to bring the phone back without the jailbreak to get it exchanged, its still under warranty with icare or whatever the warranty program is. I backed the phone up in itunes. The guy in the store walked me through the erase all settings and content and now the phone is stuck black screen with apple logo and progress bar making no progress.
I googled to see whats going on, and apparently the guy in the store was wrong because from what I understand you cant erase all settings and content with a jailbreak, it gets stuck on this screen and the only way to get off this screen is to hold power and home buttons, however my power button is stuck.

I need your guys help on what I need to do, I have another appointment in the morning so any help I can get to get off this screen and remove the jailbreak tonight would be amazing. And just a note, I am not a tech junkie so if you guys could give a step by step like I am 4 years old that would be awesome.

Thanks, Andrew

Have you tried restoring your iphone via itunes now that your phone is with iTunes cable ?

I plugged it into the computer while itunes was open and it did not recognize the device. No usb noise and no device displayed in itunes and its still on the black screen with apple logo and progress bar

When removing a jailbreak, you have to put the device into DFU mode. If you perform a regular restore with tweaks that mod the core files, you'll end up with problems. Without a working power button or recognition from your PC, you really can't fix this problem until the battery drains out.

When removing a jailbreak, you have to put the device into DFU mode. If you perform a regular restore with tweaks that mod the core files, you'll end up with problems. Without a working power button or recognition from your PC, you really can't fix this problem until the battery drains out.

Once the power dies down how will I turn it back on?

Plug it into your computer and see if it charges then. Otherwise, you'll need to put it into Recovery Mode using a wall outlet, then connect the Recovery Mode'd iPhone into your computer and see if that recognizes it.