What's new

3GS owner really needing help

00nothing

Reaction score
I got a 3gs from my brother that he claimed was unlocked anyhow I proceeded to do a restore/update after a lot of fighting heres where i am with it

baseband is 6.15.00 ios is 5.1.1 (jailbroken using redsnow) it has a sim from rogers (original carrier) if i install ultrasnow all i get is searching all the time and no recognition of the sim tray when i remove or insert. When I remove Ultrasnow I at least get recognition of the sim slot but no service.

I have tried really hard and have been at this for about a week off an on but my brain can't handle to much more can anyone give me a definitive what to do next, I don't even care if its jsut back to being carrier specific but when i tried jsut a fresh restore I cant do anything phone needed to be hacktivated to get past the activation screens

This is a cry for HELP lol

When you restored did you restore a custom firmware? If not, you corrupted your baseband and you will have to reinstall the iPad baseband in order to get it working again.

First 5 digits of my SN are 85931 would I be safe to do so

Sorry jsut one more qustion do i need to specify a custom firmware or will I be okay jsut leaving it alone and thank you so much for your help

Sorry jsut one more qustion do i need to specify a custom firmware or will I be okay jsut leaving it alone and thank you so much for your help

Redsn0w will not be able to recognize a custom firmware. When you are upgrading or downgrading to the iPad baseband you must specify a stock firmware file