What's new

3GS LCD Dead Or Bigger Problem?

babbelquack

Reaction score
Hi All,

Newbie here, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

My old 3GS has been on it's way out for a while, but I live with it due it being 32gb and I can get more music on it.

Recently people have been complaining that when speaking to me it sounded "crackily" and "distant", so i gave the mic vents a clean turned it off and like many times before took the Digitiser/LCD off. Gave it a good blow out and put back together, when i turned it back on the touch screen didn't work so being lazy i didn't turn it off before I opened it up again and I got the White Screen Of Death.

At this point (as I'd never seen that before and only found out after when Googling it) I re-booted but still the same. Since then i have tried Home-Power reset, Home-Volume Up-Power reset, and removing/inserting the mainboard to see if that would fix it. I have also let the battery die and leave for a few days but now the screen is black.

My question is (sorry for waffling) have I just blown the LCD or is it something worse? I don't mind buying another and re-fitting but if this won't fix it I don't want to shell out the money for nothing.

The phone does still work as i'd put a small charge in the other day the alarm went off at 04:30am which is when I normally get up for work, the interesting part was trying to turn it off with no screen fitted :)

Any help on this would really be appreciated.

I put the phone back together yesterday and left on charge and came on, so I am now back to the White Screen Of Death, what is the best method for clearing this?