What's new

3GS freeze/errors

ElCapitan

Reaction score
I recently purchased a second, well third hand 3GS from a friend and after playing around with it for a while the first thing I did was to reset the phone, as I thought this would be the quickest way to remove all his old media.

This being my first iPhone I didn't take into account that it would reset to the original firmware etc and moreso, that it may have been jailbroken.

When I try and turn it on or charge it now, all I get is an Apple logo with a spinning progress bar that quickly freezes. I've read about a bit and heard about putting the phone in DUF mode to add new firmware/jailbreak it, so I tried that, was originally faced with error code 3194, fixed that by reading about and using TinyUmbrella, but now I have error code 2005, which I can't seem to get around.

I've read about SHSH Blobs and asked my friend if he knows what I should do, but he's no wiser than I am as the phone was given to him already set up (and maybe jailbroken).

I've already sold my old phone, so I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do, is all hope lost or can I actually use my phone again?

I as well get the dame error message "2005" when i try to use tiny umbrella. Any help woul be great. I have a 3gs with new bootrom and ios 5.0. And i am ising windows 7 ultimate. Please help