What's new

30 Pin Port Defective?

Command Prompt

Reaction score
When you have your 30 pin to usb plugged in, does yours have a little bit of looseness to it? can you wiggle it up and down a little bit? (see picture)
try it by holding it from the cord part closest to the square and the square.
$iphone-4-black-bottom1.jpg

Not really. Mine is pretty stable and solid, even after 15 months use. Just make sure that you plug it in correctly -- I think there's only ONE way to plug it in (not upside down). Others: am I wrong?

Not really. Mine is pretty stable and solid, even after 15 months use. Just make sure that you plug it in correctly -- I think there's only ONE way to plug it in (not upside down). Others: am I wrong?
Correct Wyatt... there's only one way to plug in the 30pin connector. With the iPhone logo facing front. Mine is quite solid as well... after roughly the same amount of time, 15 months give or take.

mine is solid too,no movement at all.

CP....off your topic, but I wonder why your first postings are so whited out? I can barely read them. I've never seen this before with other postings.

xrayeyes said:
CP....off your topic, but I wonder why your first postings are so whited out? I can barely read them. I've never seen this before with other postings.

The OP probably chose a light font. If he had chosen white, you wouldn't see it at all. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hand at the time, using iPF.net

Last edited:
My dock connector is pretty solid. No play in it.

The OP probably chose a light font. If he had chosen white, you wouldn't see it at all. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hand at the time, using iPF.net

Umm, yeah I get that. I said "whited out". I guess I should have said "lightened out". Thanks for the clarification. :p Since he's posted in other threads with normal font, I thought I'd get HIS take on why the "light" font. :)

The font was that color from the start lok no clue why, but mine only wiggles like a tiny tiny tiny tinyyyyy bit.

Mine is only one month old but it's not tight like it was on week one. It doesn't click tightly into place anymore. There's no up and Down wiggle that I have noticed, but it's not firmly snapped into place anymore.

I've even kind of worried that mine might be damaged.

I just checked, and mine does the same as the OP. My phone is 1 month old.

It has to be normal for some devices then. I'm not going to worry about it anymore because everything is working fine on my iPhone.