What's new

3 Questions

Alkali

Reaction score
1. While copying a text, how do i copy say just two lines and not the whole text and not just one word?
2. Any program available for resetting my iPhone 4. I mean to restart the device. I came from windows mobile.
3. Any program available to have my signature in text messages and emails.?

To copy hold your finger down on the text. Wait for the blue text box thing to appear and then you can drag the edges of the box around as much or as little as you like. Works well when you get the hang of it.

Only way I know is to install Sbsettings from Cydia (so you'll have to jailbreak) it allows me to drag downwards from the top of the screen and a settings menu appears with lots of useful options. Power is one of them, click that and then reboot. Simples.

I'm sure u can set up signatures within the email program itself, I haven't tried but im sure I remember seeing it. Yeah just looked, under mail in settings there is a signature option. No idea if it applies to texts.

i didnt see one for messaging....but there is for sure a way to set the email sig...setting/mail,contacts,cal/signature

So I guess you've seen that with emails you're limited to one signature. If you want signatures in SMS and you've jailbroken, this feature is included in iRealSMS 3 which works beautifully on jb iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1

An alternative, usable in both mail and sms would be to install the very helpful and free "action menu" via Cydia which adds features to the standard copy and paste menu. You can type text, select it and save it as a favourite so you can recall it anytime from the action menu. This way you could have multiple signatures and apply them at the (long) touch of a...screen!

Hope this is helpful