What's new

3 iphones and 3 seperate itunes....

zypherius

Reaction score
Hey guys we have 3 iPhones and all of us have 3 seperate iTunes but all three phones are updating contacts and aps from everyone's phones. Is there anyone else having this problem? We all live in the same house and share a wifi connection but I dunno if that is where the problem is. Anyone have some advise?

Zypherius!

You might want to check in the iTunes store settings on your phones and make sure your phones are set to the correct account.

I also have 3 iPhones in the same household. We all share the same wifi and are on a Sprint family cell plan. We don't seem to have the problem you seem to have if I understand you correctly. We all have separate iTunes accounts and use different computers to synch the phones to. None of us are getting any apps on a phone that were installed to a different phone.

jmi58 said:
You might want to check in the iTunes store settings on your phones and make sure your phones are set to the correct account.

I also have 3 iPhones in the same household. We all share the same wifi and are on a Sprint family cell plan. We don't seem to have the problem you seem to have if I understand you correctly. We all have separate iTunes accounts and use different computers to synch the phones to. None of us are getting any apps on a phone that were installed to a different phone.

I just remembered I have an iPod touch that is setup with the same iTunes account as my iPhone and when I add an app to it the same app gets installed on my iPhone automatically and whenI add an app to my iPhone the same app gets installed on my iPod touch automatically.

Hope this helps.

Do you have home sharing on? That will share the apps to all devices attached to that computer and iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

horsehaulin said:
Do you have home sharing on? That will share the apps to all devices attached to that computer and iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

I thought that feature was only for music. Learn something new all the time.

I could be wrong, but our house does the same thing. I download an app and the wife's phone downloads it too.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

I'll put home sharing on on my phone and my wife's phone with the same iTunes I'd and see what happens.

John

I will have to check it out thanx again for the tips. So glad I found this forum!

Zypherius!

I'll put home sharing on on my phone and my wife's phone with the same iTunes I'd and see what happens.

John

I'll keep you up to date

jmi58 said:

John

I'll keep you up to date

Ok I checked further into Home Sharing. This I what I got from Apples web site.

"Home Sharing enables you to stream or transfer music, movies, TV shows, apps, and more among up to five authorized computers in your household. To do so, you will need to Turn on Home Sharing on each computer using the same Apple ID. Once set up, all the libraries from your computers you've enabled Home Sharing on will show up in the SHARED area of iTunes:"

So I guess Home Sharing does transfer apps.