What's new

itunes / iphone multiple user question?

RJ_Ricochet

Reaction score
hey my wife and i just switched to iphone (long time android users) and i have used itunes before with no issues . basically when my wife tries to downloan an app it shows up under my apple id and asks for my password. which wouldnt be that big of a deal, until we wanted to take advantage of some new ios 5 features like, find my iphone and find my friends. so my question is how do we have seperate apple id's but are still able to utilize the same library? there has got to be an easy solution i am overlooking.
also note: it would be nice that if i paid for an app , that it can be transferred to her phone via itunes as well.
thanks !

if you are both using the same device you can go into settings/ app store and then view profile and sign out of one account and into another

we are not using the same device, sorry for not clarifying that. my apple id shows up on her phone when she tries to download an app... we both have our own iphones

Maybe you clicked the home sharing button. A while back my son let me home share one of his movies, and now whenever it updates it pops up with his apple ID and request his password but ONLY for that movie.

not sure, i am going to have to play with it a little more when i get home. i might just try creating a new apple id for her altogether and making sure it is signed in under that id when i resync her phone...