What's new

2 iPhones - suggestions on how to escape work ID

cfclay

Reaction score
I have an iPhone supplied by work. My Apple ID is my work email.

I've purchased a personal iphone. Should I create a separate Apple ID? That would seem like the best choice.

I think I tried going that route but when I started creating one- Apple already recognized the two other email addresses I put in.

What's the best strategy here?

Your easiest bet may be to create a new e-mail just so you can have a personal Apple ID.

Apple "gives" you a free @iCloud e-mail account, maybe you can use that?

I helped three other members of my family use an iCloud mail address as their Apple ID. It is the only thing they use the e-mail address for (they don't use it to send/receive mail). It seems to work quite well for them.

Or, any other e-mail address will do as again, you don't have to actually use it as an address you communicate with. It can just be for the ID purpose.

Marilyn

Okay. Good deal. I do not want to communicate another email lol. And I understand that now one can "share" apps on your "family" right? I have purchased many apps with that other ID.

Hello cfclay. If you not want to create another email address, and I can totally understand that, perhaps varying your name at your present personal email address will do? For instance, use your initials instead of your first name or vice versa? Just a thought.