What's new

2 iPhones, sucky reception?

Edge1978

Reaction score
Ok my girlfriend decided after many years protesting LOL that she will get an iPhone. She got an iPhone 4 on my plan, and while at the store I got the otterbox for my iPhone 4, however NOW my reception isn't as good as it was before. At a time when I would get a full set in certain areas, I now only have 3 or 4, which isn't the worse, but it's not the best.

I automatically assumed it was the Otterbox somehow blocking reception or something. However my sister who also has an iPhone says that it's because there are 2 iPhones on the same plan? She said she too used to have great reception, and since her husband got an iPhone, its not the greatest anymore.

Has anyone else experienced this?:(

I have had both 2 iPhones and the otter-box.... Neither will effect signal. Since the firmware to measure signal has changed it's kinda hard to determine signal by how many bars you have in a certain area.

I have had both 2 iPhones and the otter-box.... Neither will effect signal. Since the firmware to measure signal has changed it's kinda hard to determine signal by how many bars you have in a certain area.

What got me nervous was last night while I was in my hallway I noticed that it said "searching" and then finally get bars, it did it only twice. I haven't seen it yet I know AT&T was doing an update yesterday, not sure if that would effect it. But hopefully it was a 2 time deal

If you think a tower is down just call in. Usually they will give you a discount off your bill.