What's new

2 Iphone 4s, 1 computer?

Damn, I wish I would have known that before. I do the 2 different profiles for my wife and I. We both have different Itunes accounts, and we both have paid for some of the same apps. Any way to switch it now? Before I buy something above $1.99
And sorry I don't mean to hijack.

Damn, I wish I would have known that before. I do the 2 different profiles for my wife and I. We both have different Itunes accounts, and we both have paid for some of the same apps. Any way to switch it now? Before I buy something above $1.99
And sorry I don't mean to hijack.

yes it does work, when you press to buy it it takes you to the springboard as normal and then a message pops up saying you have already paid for the app/game click ok to re download it again FREE :D so it stops ppl buying the same app over after restoring. i guess apple know this and think well how many times is some one going to give out his/her pass? probably none. but i trust my brother even with a credit card saved in my details. so when i buy something i tell him if he wants it to just download it.

if you go into the settings you can change the email it uses and put yours or you put hers and you can change it again back to hers or yours and you dont have to keep paying twice for apps. but when it comes time to upgrade in app store you will need the users pass thats all. simple..

and im not sure how it works when you sync two with one computer.. ? i never tried that because my brother never syncs with itunes

Last edited:
just have your wife and yourself on the same itunes account

then if she buys something you can go on your device to the app store and down load the same app for free using the same account login and password

my wife and I do it now

Run iTunes while holding down the shift key, then create Libraries or select Libraries for each device. Name the library iTunes iPhone 4, iTunes ipod classic, etc.

Well I'm assuming if I'd like to buy an app once and then put it on both of our iphones then don't go with this method. Is that correct?

Run iTunes while holding down the shift key, then create Libraries or select Libraries for each device. Name the library iTunes iPhone 4, iTunes ipod classic, etc.

Well I'm assuming if I'd like to buy an app once and then put it on both of our iphones then don't go with this method. Is that correct?

I believe this is referring to playlists. You can get as many copys of an app you want as long as both the phones and PC's are logged into the same iTunes account.

So..if I get another iphone4, etc..and USB link it with my current iTunes (same computer) will it say.."a-ha, you have a new iphone..would you want ti create another account?" <--or something along the lines of this?

As I don't want the iphone #2 to get backed up with iphone#1's info..

Will iTunes create additional backup accounts and know which iphone is which?

hope this makes sense?

I'm having the same problem my wife's phone won't take any music out of the library and she gets all of my apps any clue on what i'm going wrong?