What's new

2 Iphone 4s, 1 computer?

rolltide78

Reaction score
Hey guys...since my wife and I are getting these phones soon I'm curious how to manage them both on iTunes and one computer. Should I set up different profiles on my machine or can both be joined to the same account/install? Right now I just have iTunes installed and use it for Podcasts but I also have my daughter's iTouch connected to it. Let me know what ya think. Thanks!

Gary

They will both sync to different "backups" but you will have the option to sync any of the data to any phone you choose.

You can have any number of devices, just give them different names

It'll be fine. I plug multiple phones in at once and they do their own thing.

In iTunes Preferences > Devices you will see the discreet backups for each device under its name - which is why you simply need to give them different names.

I have two on my comp as well. I say give it some random off the wall name, so when your device is detected by another iDevice, they'll turn look at you and say, WTF? Is that your phone? The more random the name the weirder the look they'll give you. Trust me, it's cheap entertainment.

You could also use different profiles on the computer.

We have...

three iphones
one ipod classic
and one ipod touch

it knows which is which when you plug it in

yes but when you have all those devises plugged in does it have their own playlist music videos etc? mine recognises my brothers even backs it up but does have the same playlist as mine

Run iTunes while holding down the shift key, then create Libraries or select Libraries for each device. Name the library iTunes iPhone 4, iTunes ipod classic, etc.