What's new

16 Things to Know About Apple's Watch

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
Apple-watch_1.jpg

Apple's first wearable device is finally here, and despite previous rumors suggesting the iWatch name, it comes under the simple 'Apple Watch' moniker. You've probably already read about its specs and features, but here are 10 things you need to know about Apple's Watch, just in case you missed them.

1. Apple chose a rectangular shape with curves around the edges of the body instead of a round face.
  2. It comes with a "Digital Crown" which will be one of the most used hardware buttons of the watch for many actions.
  3. The touch screen is built of sapphire glass and can actually sense force along with touch.
  4. It comes in three editions - Regular, Sports and Edition (18 carat gold version along with Silver and Gold, each with different types of watch straps).
  5. Apple Watch comes in two case sizes: 38mm and 42mm.
  6. The watch needs to be connected to an iPhone all the time.
  7. The only way to reply back or send a text is by using voice or emoticons - the "reply to SMS" feature is smart enough to break down important things to be immediately used as a reply.
  8. The watch can communicate with other Apple Watches by sending drawings you doodle on the watch.
  9. Siri is integrated with the watch.
  10. The Apple Watch works with the new Apple Pay mobile payments service.
  11. Third party developers can also make apps for the Watch and there is already a Pinterest app, a BMW app, MLB, Honeywell and a Nike app.
  12. The Apple Watch has sensors on the rear to get data from your wrist about your health turning it into a comprehensive health and fitness device.
  13. Apple hinted at an "all day usage," which possibly indicates a day of battery life.
  14. Apple Watch works with iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, and iPhone 5S.
  15. The Apple Watch pricing starts at $349 and will be available starting early 2015.
  16. The Apple Watch is water-resistant.
What else impressed you about the iWatch? Will you be buying one?

Be sure to check out Apple Watch Forums to keep up with all the latest Apple Watch News.

Last edited by a moderator:
It took awhile, but I do believe Apple got it right. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far in Apple's newest creation.