What's new

$15 data package still work for the VZ Iphone?

Tippin

Reaction score
Yeah, so i was looking at the news on this site.. and it showed a web page of the features you get to choose when buying the iphone4.

well for data it had

29.99 for unlimited and then 49.99 for unlimited with mobile hot spot (not sure if the mobile hot spot price is right but something like that)

well i have the 15.00 dollar data package on my line.. is that still compatible with the verizon iphone?

..or have verizon blocked that.. because i really dont need unlimited yet.

I believe all smartphones are required to have at least the 29.99 data plan.

Well, I think it is now.

but when i first got my Droid X i had to buy a data plan. The 15$ data plan was available so i got that. I think it was a short lived promotion as i think its gone.

Its still on my line even though i switched back to my LG Dare once i returned the Droid X.

So im wondering if they will make me change to the 30 dollar one.

Is the $15 the 150MB plan? If so, you may want to consider upgrading anyways as I doubt you would use under 150MB on an iPhone.

Well, I think it is now.

but when i first got my Droid X i had to buy a data plan. The 15$ data plan was available so i got that. I think it was a short lived promotion as i think its gone.

Its still on my line even though i switched back to my LG Dare once i returned the Droid X.

So im wondering if they will make me change to the 30 dollar one.

Not sure how anyone could be limited to 150MB with a smartphone... 30 minutes on Pandora and you are probably past that limit. Either way, if you search $15 data plan online, you will find articles about Verizon killing it off, so unless you are buying the phone for retail price and are not signing a new contract, you are out of luck.

Yep, VZW recently did away with their $15 plan. They are going to a tiered plan in the future that will have cheaper options, but will limit data. The only option right now is the 29.99 unlimited.