What's new

10th Anniversary for iPhone

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Next year will see the 10th anniversary of the iPhone.

The rumour mill never stops and it looks as though big things might be in the pipe. Already, it looks like there is going to be a break with convention. No-one, it seems, is talking about a 7s. To me, that is huge. We have become used to big things happening with the launch of a new model number, with modest refinement in the "s" variant.

If Apple go straight to the 8, in the anniversary year, spectacular things could happen.

I'm wondering whether to hang on to my 5s for another year, tempting though the 7 Plus might be.

I hope you are right. I made a change in habit this time and decided to get a third year of use out of my iPhone (6 +), especially since my next purchase of an iPhone will be my first unsubsidized one.

I'll be up for what ever comes as my usual habit is to change every year.
I do think next year will be exciting though, I already know people who are hanging on to their existing phones in anticipation of iPhone 8.

I'm pretty sure my wife will be moving from Android next time.

She chose her last phone on screen size, and has no interest in all the bells and whistles.

A basic 7 Plus will be ideal for her and, finally, I'll be able to answer her questions instead of recoiling in horror whenever she gives me her phone and says "Fix it!"

I'll also be able to buy the Mac mini that has so far eluded me.

I'm pretty sure my wife will be moving from Android next time.

She chose her last phone on screen size, and has no interest in all the bells and whistles.

A basic 7 Plus will be ideal for her and, finally, I'll be able to answer her questions instead of recoiling in horror whenever she gives me her phone and says "Fix it!"

I'll also be able to buy the Mac mini that has so far eluded me.
I can sympathize with you on the "Fix it" bit, My hubby has an Android phone and he's hopeless so I have to be the one that sorts if out and I'm still showing him how to do stuff.

Can't talk him into iOS either.

I had a Samsung as a work phone for a while. I could just about figure out how to turn it on. Ended up never using it and chopped it in for a 4s that became available.

As far as I'm concerned, those Samsungs should be killed with fire.

Oh, sorry. Too soon? ;)

I had a Samsung as a work phone for a while. I could just about figure out how to turn it on. Ended up never using it and chopped it in for a 4s that became available.

As far as I'm concerned, those Samsungs should be killed with fire.

Oh, sorry. Too soon? ;)
It amazes my hubby that I can work out his phone as well as my own, He's what they call Technically challenged :)