What's new

xmas macbook air

dave307

Reaction score
May I ask one for question today ?, Will leave you in peace then.
Followed your thoughts regarding using Pages etc. Well went to have a good look at it and took the opportunity to have a go with a blank document. I just wrote some silly text into the page then when it came to save the document from the file at the top tool bar.
I selected the save option and it took me to a drop down menu there are two options that confused me, Under the save options there was one Pages-cloud second was Documents-icloud Does that mean that it was saved in pages in the iCloud or was it saved in my MacBook folder and in the iCloud . Same for document option. Hope you do understand what I'm talking about.
Could you please clarify that for me.
David. I'm getting there slowly its different to the windows 10 acer laptop that I was using.
Many thanks once again .

Sounds as if you opted to keep your Documents and Desktop in the iCloud when you set it up. Whichever way you download your document it will be in iCloud Drive. If you select Pages, it will be in the Pages folder and similarly for documents, it will be in that folder.

Yea Thanks. Is it possible to change that not as it is?. ooooops silly me.

Well, if you don’t want your Documents and Desktop in iCloud, you need to go to System Preferences, iCloud and uncheck Documents and Desktop.

Hi Sorry to be a pain in the rear. If I leave well alone that means that they are in the cloud and on the Mac hdd Correct?.
Many Thanks once again. David.o_O

Okay Thank You very much. Will leave well alone. I understand now getting there slowly. Ta.

You’re welcome! You’ve only had it six days! You will get the hang of it. :)