What's new

wi fi short cut

Of course it will drain the battery, These guys don't seem to get that. When left on it is always searching for active WiFi connections.

The overlying point is... it "drains" such a small amount that it's not even worth messing with. Unless you do like Skull mentioned above and wake you're phone up every 15sec. all day long!

Wifi is on and left on forever now. Thanks guys

Now, what about bluetooth? Is this the same concept?

Been a while since someone used that phrase on this forum without any context what-so-ever.

So I am curious why you choose to do that.

Simple. You guys believe the iPhone can do no wrong.

Of course it will drain the battery, These guys don't seem to get that. When left on it is always searching for active WiFi connections.

Moderation Notice:​ This thread has been closed by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules Please do not make harsh comments to users.

It searches on a schedule. I haven't tracked down the exact number but it is between every 90 to 120 seconds based on anecdotal evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple. You guys believe the iPhone can do no wrong.

This is the furthest from true. Any device out there wither it be iPhone, Android, BB, ect... has it's pros and cons. Gosh forbid we try to see the bright side of our iOS devices. :)

Now, what about bluetooth? Is this the same concept?

Not sure if Bluetooth searches continually or on a schedule... but mine is off unless I need it. I use Bluetooth A LOT less than I do WiFi.

Last edited:
Please stay on topic. If not start a new thread. This has nothing to do with wifi and battery life. This has to do with a wifi toggle.