What's new

5.1 download w/out Wi-Fi

dave58

Reaction score
Hi to everyone! I want to upgrade to 5.1 on my IPhone 4. It requires a Wi-Fi connection, which I don't have in my home. Are there any alternatives? Also, I keep reading bad things about 5.1 should I wait to upgrade until the bugs are worked out? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey!
You can have 5.1 without upgrading it !

Go to cydia and install iFile
Open it, go to system > library > coreservices and tap on file "systemversion.plist" and chose "property list viewer" and go to "systemversion" and type 5.1 instead of existing number (iOS)
Respring your iphone and you got 5.1 !
Go to settings to make urself sure i didn't lie ;)

Hey!
You can have 5.1 without upgrading it !

Go to cydia and install iFile
Open it, go to system > library > coreservices and tap on file "systemversion.plist" and chose "property list viewer" and go to "systemversion" and type 5.1 instead of existing number (iOS)
Respring your iphone and you got 5.1 !
Go to settings to make urself sure i didn't lie ;)

Yeah man, This does not update your phone. It does not give you the new features that said iOS has.

If you really want to trick iTunes into thinking your updated (without compromising certain functionality) all ya have to do is change the build number to 9z999. then iTunes recognizes it as the latest iOS.

You should never keep your system versionplist iOS version a different iOS then what it is. It's just a bad idea, plain and simple.