What's new

Why are people mad that verizon is getting the iphone.

I left Verizon when the iPhone4 came out. Love Iphone4, hate AT&T coverage. I want to switch back to Verizon, but:

1. Multi task - not really that big of a deal.
2. World Phone - not being able to use Verizon in Europe - bigger issue.
3. Expect 4G Verizon phone later this year.

For these reasons, I will wait for the 4g Verizon model, but will get my kids the V-Iphone (they don't go to Europe).

I will therefore be able to compare and contrast the At&T to Verizon Iphones.

Again, I will switch away from AT&T's crappy network for the Verizon 4G version.

I left Verizon when the iPhone4 came out. Love Iphone4, hate AT&T coverage. I want to switch back to Verizon, but:

For these reasons, I will wait for the 4g Verizon model, but will get my kids the V-Iphone (they don't go to Europe).

Again, I will switch away from AT&T's crappy network for the Verizon 4G version.

You may be right about 4G coming to the iPhone 5 this year, but I don't think so. Every indication from preliminary leaks is that it will be next year at the earliest. Apple is not a fan of being a guinea pig and 4G is not prevalent in the country yet. Verizon won't even be completely online with 4G till at least 2013.

New user here, wandering over from the iPad Forums.
A few months ago I was chomping at the bit to get the Verizon iPhone ASAP, being a VZW customer already. But now that I'm waiting for 4G, I'm "mad" because the iPhone 4 rollout may only have delayed the release of the HTC Thunderbolt, or any 4G iPhone later on.

You may be right about 4G coming to the iPhone 5 this year, but I don't think so. Every indication from preliminary leaks is that it will be next year at the earliest. Apple is not a fan of being a guinea pig and 4G is not prevalent in the country yet. Verizon won't even be completely online with 4G till at least 2013.

I dunno tho ATT seems to be rushing to roll out 4g asap. I see they have commercials talking about it already. The more I read I am not even sure I want 4g. They are going to use it to try and gouge you for money. I already pay like 90 bucks per month. I think anything over 50 total is outrageous. I can't justify paying over 100 a month. I might scrap the phone altogether. I am not rich. Really wish you could get an iPod touch with a 3G connection. I don't need the phone and text screw it.

I'm with you on the pricing. I'm quite happy with 3G at the price I'm paying now. I hate the thoughts of jumping up in price for the 4G. I don't need to stream movies everywhere I go. Nice, but far from necessary for me.

4g Iphone:

The chip QCOM is supplying will be 4G (AT&T and Verizon 4g) as well as Verizon 3G, and At&T 3G compatible. So they don,t need nationwide 4g, as the phone will be backward compatible with older networks.

I hear it will be 1 chip that can do 4G, AT&T 3g, and Verizon 3g.

One chip that can do 4G, GSM and CDMA? Do you have a link to that article. I'd like to read that. My understanding has always been that the GSM and CDMA radios could never reside in the same handset, that beyond the chip there was also antenna issues. But not sure about that.

LOL i can see the feuds between AT&T and Verizon users boiling already!

AT&T Users: I can talk and surf at the same time!

Verizon Users: I can actually MAKE A CALL without it dropping 3 times!! :D

LOL i can see the feuds between AT&T and Verizon users boiling already!

AT&T Users: I can talk and surf at the same time!

Verizon Users: I can actually MAKE A CALL without it dropping 3 times!! :D

That's pretty much the brunt of it. LOL

Other than the htc thunderbolt, which is the evo repackaged, I am not confident in the first wave of 4g devices. It would be wise to stay 3g and give it a year to work out the bugs. Alot of bugs are found when its in the hands of everyday customers using it at different times of day and at different locations. I dont want to pay high prices to be first and to experience growing pain. I would rather get another 3g device and just sign a 1 year deal and wait until next year when 4g is more developed.

Other than the htc thunderbolt, which is the evo repackaged, I am not confident in the first wave of 4g devices. It would be wise to stay 3g and give it a year to work out the bugs. Alot of bugs are found when its in the hands of everyday customers using it at different times of day and at different locations. I dont want to pay high prices to be first and to experience growing pain. I would rather get another 3g device and just sign a 1 year deal and wait until next year when 4g is more developed.

Absolutely and completely agree!

I live in a very rural area (less than 6000 people) and in this area, Verizon's service is junk, the customer service is an even bigger joke. I have friends with Verizon phones, we can be standing side by side and they'll have no service and I'll have full service with 3G. I've yet to find an area that I have no service and there seem to be dead zones all over on the Verizon network, that and their calling plans suck.

As I've stated before, the ONLY way I'd go to Verizon is if I could unlock the iPhone 4 to use on the Straight Talk network, which piggy-backs off Verizon towers over here.