What's new

Verizon+AT&T iPhone 4 will put the Droid platform to bed in 2011

I don't think it will be put to bed as you say and I'm pretty sure it will have it's place in the market for quite some time.

Cya

Android and apple are both here to stay just like mac and pc.

I agree with above. If that was true, AT&T wouldnt have an android lineup right now, would it?

I hate these discussions of people smashing on both phones... Both OS's are great and have great features and some flaws. It is EXACTLY like Mac and PC.

Off topic a bit, I love how everyone is saying android is better based on the fact it sold more phones last quarter...

How many android phones are for sale in the US on how many carriers?
How many iPhones are on sale on how many carriers? (As of now)

Exactly, if youre going to compare apples to apples, compare iPhone 4 sales with the Droid X sales, or something along that line. That being said, before you call me a fanboy, I have an original droid, and an iPad

As far as I am concerned, unless I work for google, motorola, or htc I can care less about who sells the most. I want a device that works for me. Now no one can honestly say that motorola make better hardware than apple if they do they are lying or misinformed. Apple makes the best hardware for a computer and smart phone period. People dont complain about a macbook or an iphone freezing up or needing to do a battery pull. The ios is more polished then android and fits well with the hardware because it is simple. With that said android o.s is more customizable and able to do more. People who buy apple can careless about tweaking every little detail. Apple products are designed simple so they will work with out any hiccups. The simpler the product the less issues. The more advanced the more chance of things conflicting. I love android and it is getting better and better and it is my o.s of choice. But I still respect what apple has done...with out apple you would not have android because the android ceo use to work for apple.

This is a bit funny. 'Thought this was really about platform beds. But congrats to Apple! We would be waiting for the release of that verizon iphone.

I do not agree with the comparisons... When iPhones are compared to android, you have to keep in mind that iPhone is only on two networks (two set of devices) as compared to androids on all major networks and multiple devices and thus iphone is definitely going to be sold less than android. I think a better stats will be if we compare iPhone to Droid 2, or droid X or something like that... I have had iPhone for a little while starting from the first time it was launched and then when android came in limelight i had a brief time with droid and droid 2 global... I will say I like both of the platform; Android for the way I was able to change things on there and iOs for the way it runs, smooth and error free... After I changed to iPhone 4 i will say that I miss the customization I was able to do on my droids but still I am liking the fact I do not have any random reboots and phone errors at all...
My two cents of input, you might not agree with my understanding but this is what the fact is....