What's new

Why are people mad that verizon is getting the iphone.

Most likely because they took out a 2 year contract with at&t less than two years ago...

Actually being that this continued from droid forum...some people feel if you like iphone you are sheep and some feel if you go droid you hate apple. But there are some people, like myself, that can appreciate both.

Actually being that this continued from droid forum...some people feel if you like iphone you are sheep and some feel if you go droid you hate apple. But there are some people, like myself, that can appreciate both.

Ohhh, you mean open minded? What a concept! :D

Honestly the only reason why I would be mad that Verizon is now going to carry the iphone is that there will now be many more customers coming to Verizon from other carriers and it has the potential to degrade network performance for me. That's my own selfish reason however...

im mad cause i was with verizon for like 6 months, then did a early termination for the iphone 4 with ATT, and now verizon has it. i coulda saved the money and continued to b on verizon till feb. 10, i would have been able to upgrade >:[

im mad cause i was with verizon for like 6 months, then did a early termination for the iphone 4 with ATT, and now verizon has it. i coulda saved the money and continued to b on verizon till feb. 10, i would have been able to upgrade >:[

EEEK, Now your a true iPhone fan and there is nothing wrong with that.... If people are mad then they need to get over it and just accept it.

A friend of mine signed a contract with AT&T after the announcement that Verizon will get it because his dad found a few newspaper articles that said a Verizon iPhone wouldnt be that good.....thats crazy. I dont care what advertisements say, Verizon IS superior to all other mobile networks for reliability and coverage, period! And there will probably be a mass exodus from AT&T to prove that.

I read those articles about why the Verizon iPhone wouldn't be good and what was hilarious was that it was for the reasons we already know. Primarily not being able to talk and be on data at the same time.

I read most of those articles and they were written FAR less than objectively.

Im coming from a Droid 1, but Im gonna have to put it to rest, dont get me wrg.. The droid is an awesome phone but I have to do this..lol.. Droidforums.net is awesome!.. everyones cool and learned alot about rooting and everything.. I hope this forum has as much sucess

Ohhh, you mean open minded? What a concept! :D

I'm guilty of this open minded syndrome as well. Coming off a Droid 1. I don't see any reason to dislike a product unless I've tried it. And I haven't owned an Iphone yet. Time to test it out. ;)

I read those articles about why the Verizon iPhone wouldn't be good and what was hilarious was that it was for the reasons we already know. Primarily not being able to talk and be on data at the same time.

I read most of those articles and they were written FAR less than objectively.

I really dont know what the big deal is about this talking and surfing at the same time. I'll be honest, if I was able to do it, I probably would, but not that often. Im not a big fan of speakerphone, and I dont like to be put on speakerphone, and on top of that I can barely handle one task at a time, let alone trying to pay attention to someone on the phone while checking my Facebook. My point is...yea it could come in handy, but certainly not a deal-breaker for me, especially considering AT&T's shitty network.

Edit: I forgot about Bluetooth, but still...multitasking is not my forte

Last edited:
Yeah honestly the only time I could ever think of needing that feature would be if I was talking to a friend and we decided to go to the movies, but needed to look up movie times... that's seriously the only possible situation I can think of where I would use that. Instead, I just hang up, look it up, then call or text back. Not really that big of a deal to me.

Text & Talk at the same time is over rated.

Cya
Some people are spoiled. When I first got a cell phone texting was such a minor thing. There were no full keyboards or touch screens, no internet or any of these features that people think they deserve.