What's new

Who's buying the new Macbook Pro?!

Interesting thought :) Personally I think the MacBook Pro was perfect as it was right up to 2015 model.

When they removed the drive I think that was the start of this madness.
I agree and I am ticked at myself that I didn't get one before they took out the drive. Now I have to worry about added drives and adapters for older USB items. But it is what it is. And I want to go to Alaska this summer so I can't buy a new laptop.

I agree and I am ticked at myself that I didn't get one before they took out the drive. Now I have to worry about added drives and adapters for older USB items. But it is what it is. And I want to go to Alaska this summer so I can't buy a new laptop.
Mine is a late 2013 so no drive, I bought the Apple Super Drive and it's ok but it's not like it was when it was built in.

Agree with everything, but don't forget that really cool bar they have made along the top. That must be a big plus on the new MacBook

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

I have been using my Late 2013 MacBook Pro for 2 years and nine months and it has had 628 cycles.

I wonder if that is low, high, or about right?

I have been using my Late 2013 MacBook Pro for 2 years and nine months and it has had 628 cycles.

I wonder if that is low, high, or about right?
That amount seems reasonable. You're using it on battery power most of the time but don't use the full charge every day. Running the battery from 100% to 0% and recharging every day for 2 years and 9 months would result in about 1,000 charge cycles.

That amount seems reasonable. You're using it on battery power most of the time but don't use the full charge every day. Running the battery from 100% to 0% and recharging every day for 2 years and 9 months would result in about 1,000 charge cycles.
My battery condition is Normal so it isn't doing too bad.

I seem to be in a "hurry up and wait" situation right now. Waiting for next year's iPhone instead of a 7, and now I have some good advice about the Mac Mini that I intended to buy soon. Apparently, the Mini hasn't had a facelift in two years, SO…the advice I'm given is to wait for next year's Apple announcements and see what they come up with. Maybe it's time to have a closer look at the iPad Pro.

I seem to be in a "hurry up and wait" situation right now. Waiting for next year's iPhone instead of a 7, and now I have some good advice about the Mac Mini that I intended to buy soon. Apparently, the Mini hasn't had a facelift in two years, SO…the advice I'm given is to wait for next year's Apple announcements and see what they come up with. Maybe it's time to have a closer look at the iPad Pro.
True, the Mac mini hasn't had a hardware update since 2014, which means there's a good chance for one next year. This is another reason I'm waiting until next year to buy any Apple hardware.

Apple have reduced the necessary cables and adaptors needed for the new MacBook line until the end of this year to help people with the transition they say.

I think the truth is they have had such a back lash especially from professional people who use the MacBook heavily in their work that they are now trying to placate customers.

Apple have reduced the necessary cables and adaptors needed for the new MacBook line until the end of this year to help people with the transition they say.

I think the truth is they have had such a back lash especially from professional people who use the MacBook heavily in their work that they are now trying to placate customers.
Maybe they should think about including them in the box.

Uh oh!

Are these the early indications of a screw up?

Hope not.