What's new

Who's buying the AppleCare Protection Plan?

Will you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone 4?

• Yes!

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • No!

Votes: 55 44.0%
  • Not Sure Yet!

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters
No. It doesnt cover any kind of accidental damage and thats the only coverage I am concerned with having. Its covered for the first year for manufacturer defects and that is good enough for me right now.

Marcella said:
I bought it and I'm not at all sure why right now...

The video on my iMac went out and it could not be fixed, so I got a new iMac out of the deal 2 years+ later. Its great insurance.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF.net

You dont need it because all you have to do is go to an apple store and use the apple bar....

jbs06civicsi said:
You dont need it because all you have to do is go to an apple store and use the apple bar....

What is meant by use the apple bar......??????

I bank with NatWest, have a royalties type account which costs £12 pm.

For that i get mobile phone cover for loss and damage for up to handsets (in my household, and travel Insurrance.

Check your bank out see what they offer ;).

CP

No. It doesnt cover any kind of accidental damage and thats the only coverage I am concerned with having. Its covered for the first year for manufacturer defects and that is good enough for me right now.
This is exactly my feeling!

To start with I think it's overpriced by a factor of around four (for what's covered). I'm on my third iPhone (2g,3gs,4),my wife's on her second (3g,4)(well actually third because she had to buy a refurbished 4) and my kid has a 4. The 2g and 3gs are still working having been handed down to other family members. At my wife's insistance we bought Apple Care for the last three phones (the 4s)(I never buy extended warranties). The only problem we've ever had was two weeks ago when my wife was a little careless and got her phone wet which, of course isn't covered. She now has a $150 refurbished phone. Apparently Apple Care isn't transferable to the refurbished phone, so that's just money down the tube.

My advice is to take any money you are ever tempted to spend on an extended warranty and put it in a savings account. If you buy good stuff to begin with you'll be money ahead in the long run.

On the plus side I think this has cured my wife from ever wanting to buy another "warranty". I know we'll never buy Apple Care again. She somehow got the idea that accidents WERE covered and was incredably disappointed to find out otherwise. I knew better but didn't feel like arguing the point at the time.

I didn't buy it despite the guy at the Apple store's hard sell. Then I regretted it right after I walked out of the store. After reading through this thread I'm feeling much better about my decision.

I bought the $99 apple care plus, maybe the old plans didn't cover damage, cracked screen, dropped damage etc. the $ 99 apple care does, even water damage. I confirmed this yesterday at the Apple store. Gave me a list on things it covered. Doesn't cover loo or theft. The $60 plan doesn't cover water damage and a few other things. My daughter bought it too, left her phone on roof of car, and got it replaced today for 49 bucks. Worth it for water damage only to me.

I have one for my iPad 2 not my iPhone 4.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad using iPF.net

ALWAYS Get the Protection Plan! I bought a protection plan when i bought my first mac.. they repair it for me for free pretty much every time! Never had an issue with my phone, but im sure it would work the same way..

I never got apple care for my macs, I did for my ipad 128gb retina but never used it, so far apple products have been working perfectly for years for me, never had any real issues *touch wood*

I dont know if its been updated yet but apple plan to include accidental damage in the apple care plan

I have AppleCare on my MacBook Pro and my iphone 5.

AppleCare on iPads and iPod touch.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF.net