What's new

Who's buying the new Macbook Pro?!

@Macette1 It's a preamplifier. Basically a very expensive volume control. It collects the output from various audio devices and sends that to my horribly powerful power amplifier, which then lobs it at my speakers. Net result is about 105dB of sound, which is as close to heaven as I'm ever likely to get.

It's also a totally unnecessary extravagance, because I already have a perfectly serviceable preamp which cost me about $150, but...but...

@Macette1 It's a preamplifier. Basically a very expensive volume control. It collects the output from various audio devices and sends that to my horribly powerful power amplifier, which then lobs it at my speakers. Net result is about 105dB of sound, which is as close to heaven as I'm ever likely to get.

It's also a totally unnecessary extravagance, because I already have a perfectly serviceable preamp which cost me about $150, but...but...

OMG! Kevin I have spent years living with an audiophile chasing the next wonderful sound...lol hi fi's are gone now, reduced to a pair of audio engine speakers, which are quite nice.. lol now it's MY turn .... ahaha...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Does everyone know that the illuminated Apple is gone on the new model?

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.