What's new

What are you doing right NOW??? ;)

Wondering if someone at the site, where I sold my 6s Plus, is trying to play a hoax on me.
They contacted me twice, telling me that it's still connected to my iCloud ID. I made sure before selling it that it's not in Find my iPhone and in iCloud any more. They've received the device more than a month ago, and afaik they had no problem with iCloud Activation Lock at first, or else they wouldn't have sent me the money. o_O

Wondering if someone at the site, where I sold my 6s Plus, is trying to play a hoax on me.
They contacted me twice, telling me that it's still connected to my iCloud ID. I made sure before selling it that it's not in Find my iPhone and in iCloud any more. They've received the device more than a month ago, and afaik they had no problem with iCloud Activation Lock at first, or else they wouldn't have sent me the money. o_O
They may be trying to run a scam to force a refund out of you while keeping the iPhone.

They may be trying to run a scam to force a refund out of you while keeping the iPhone.
That's possible.
When I received the first email, I thought it's a kind of phishing mail.

It's impossible that they can use the iPhone when they receive it, and then it's suddenly locked by an iCloud address I've never used.

I would forget about it. Don't give them a penny, you of all people know how to clear your iPhone for resale.
It's just a con job

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

It seems so.
They haven't asked me about returning the money (yet).
You sold the phone in good faith and theres no chance that you didn't clear it properly so I if they try it again I would reply politely that you cleared the phone correctly and as far as you are concerned the matter is ended.

You sold the phone in good faith and theres no chance that you didn't clear it properly so I if they try it again I would reply politely that you cleared the phone correctly and as far as you are concerned the matter is ended.
I've already told them I'd wiped the iPhone correctly, they contacted me again today.