What's new

Verizon....

fstyleboard

Reaction score
Am I the only one rather dissatisfied with the lack of updates coming from Verizon with the iPhone 4? After all the hype, that they were finally getting the iPhone after all the talk etc. The updates have been stagnant, and all I have seen is security updates, unless there are other pieces that aren't evident after upgrading. Why are the updates so slow? Sheesh...

fstyleboard said:
Am I the only one rather dissatisfied with the lack of updates coming from Verizon with the iPhone 4? After all the hype, that they were finally getting the iPhone after all the talk etc. The updates have been stagnant, and all I have seen is security updates, unless there are other pieces that aren't evident after upgrading. Why are the updates so slow? Sheesh...

This has been discussed so many times. With the approach of ios5 it's highy unlikely you'll see another 4point anything

fstyleboard said:

This has been discussed so many times. With the approach of ios5 it's highy unlikely you'll see another 4point anything

Hah, sorry just joined the community and for some reason search wasn't showing anything up... but I would rather just go from 4 to 5 quite honestly...

fstyleboard said:
Hah, sorry just joined the community and for some reason search wasn't showing anything up... but I would rather just go from 4 to 5 quite honestly...

Me too. Once 5 comes I'm going to unjailbreak just for it's features

Can someone tell me what is going to be special about ios 5, where we might not want to get our iphone jailbroken. I am so new to this stuff. LOL

nicki248 said:
Can someone tell me what is going to be special about ios 5, where we might not want to get our iphone jailbroken. I am so new to this stuff. LOL

If you'll go to apples website they have a list of all the new features :D

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

nicki248 said:

Have you ever seen a disneyworld commercial. Imagine the excitement on a childs face that's how special it is. Lol, besides that ios5 will bring a lot of jail breaking tweaks to stock. But once that's jailbroken we're going to be in heaven

Well i felt the same way at first.. but then i jailbroke my phone as said to *moderated* with Apple updates.. i can get whatever i want and more now.

BUT, im back on the official apple hype train now.. and as soon as the new iOS5 drops.. im restoring my phone and getting the new iOS on my iphone.. IF a new JB comes out.. GREAT! ill be sure to get the untethered one.. If not, then im sure ill be thoroughly pissed after 2 months of being on stock lol.. but i want the new OS now!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the video of the ios5, I am so excited about it, even if I don't understand to much of it. I have the iphone 4 and for what I understood, I will be able to install the update if that is what you call it. Will we get it in Sept of this year. I hope so, thanks.

I hope that they have a way to disconnect the ota updates in iOS 5. Although I'm sure they will just like in rooting for the androids. If not one will just loose jailbreak without even knowing it.