What's new

Verizon Unlimited Data Plan...Adios

stuberger

Reaction score
Well, I guess in my eyes it's official...I am watching CNN and just got a news update on the ticker...Verizon to end it's unlimited data plan!

I am so glad the wife and I got our iPhones when we did. What gets me is just how useful these phones will be when after the 2 years. It's a big rip off when they sell you these smart phones and then want to charge you per usage aside from the high fees for cellular service to boot.

I'm not sure just how many megs are used to actually use a iPhone and all it's features/apps but I can tell you, if after our contracts are up and we find that were spending 100.00's of dollars just to use apps and web based stuff it's back to using a laptop and regular cell phones.

I just can't see why we all have to pay good money for service and then get raked by your service providers for extra cash for services they offer or approve for the smart phones they sell you.

Maybe when most current contracts are up from their customers and then they start losing them as well as potential customers they might reconsider. I know I won't pay any more than what I am now and that's enough I tell you.

This might be some good news u guys... I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly... But existing customers can keep their current pricing when renewing/upgrading... I think that's wat this memo means...

Attachments

• $image-2117251718.jpg
    $image-2117251718.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 646
Yes. Existing customers can keep their existing data plans until their contracts end.

If you want to keep an eye on how much data you are using you can go to settings > general > usage > mobile network data...

Yes. Existing customers can keep their existing data plans until their contracts end.

If you want to keep an eye on how much data you are using you can go to settings > general > usage > mobile network data...

I will have my first month with the new iphone contract this July 3rd. So far I have only sent/recieved 0.479 gigs of data. I do not think that I will ever hit the 2 gig limit anytime soon. I do web browse, text, and call, but I do not watch movies on my phone.

So which date will the unlimited data plan price end?? When is it to late to get the unlimited plan??
I'm just very stressed out right now.

1Cent said:
So which date will the unlimited data plan price end?? When is it to late to get the unlimited plan??
I'm just very stressed out right now.

Not sure, it was on the news ticker at the bottom of the screen.

Yes, existing customers are safe let's say at the most, February of 2013 I would say (that's when the iPhones came out) but what after that...2 years does go by quickly!

I see a Cellular Network Data

Sent: 4 gig
Rec: 4.1

Yikes

That was from 4/19

After 2 years I might throw this iPhone through a Verizon office!

From wat i read... We (existing users) r gonna have the same prices until Verizon decides that we don't won't get unlimited... New customers r gonna have to be tiered... Cause in the circle on the memo... It says existing customers will receive same prices when upgrading/renewing...

adriantheguitarist said:
From wat i read... We (existing users) r gonna have the same prices until Verizon decides that we don't won't get unlimited... New customers r gonna have to be tiered... Cause in the circle on the memo... It says existing customers will receive same prices when upgrading/renewing...

If that means after our current terms are than fine...however I have heard that existing customers are only protected until their current upgrade plans expire....

Please, someone give us (me) great news.

stuberger said:
If that means after our current terms are than fine...however I have heard that existing customers are only protected until their current upgrade plans expire....

Please, someone give us (me) great news.

That's wat I thought but read that area in the memo... Plus the author of the article said that existing customers r protected even after their contract ends... She went on to say that people that will be affected r new customers and people looking to upgrade the plan itself...

In my experience Verizon has typically not altered terms of a contract when it expires. They only change terms when you upgrade to a new phone or plan. I went two years past the end of my last two year contract, paying month to month on a plan that no longer even existed. Aside from trying to sell me on getting a new phone (and thus a new contract) they never tried to tell me that I couldn't continue on my old plan. It was this "friendly" attitude that made me willing to sign back up with Verizon when I did decide to get a new phone (my iPhone). Well, that and their exceptionally good service in my particular area.

Wait if you already have unlimited data plans you will still have it??

Wait if you already have unlimited data plans you will still have it??

We won't know for sure until present unlimited plans run out, but that's my opinion based on experience. Of course the moment you upgrade or change plans, everything changes to the rules in effect at the time.

So, we have to keep our current iPhones even after 2 years when our current contracts are up since even though the New-Every-Two would be there, if we do upgrade to a new phone then we loose the unlimited data plan.

Hopefully my phone will endure longer than 2 years and not loose any future features that could be had when upgrading.

So, we have to keep our current iPhones even after 2 years when our current contracts are up since even though the New-Every-Two would be there, if we do upgrade to a new phone then we loose the unlimited data plan.

Hopefully my phone will endure longer than 2 years and not loose any future features that could be had when upgrading.

New Every Two no longer exists. Now Verizon just offers a set standard discount for faithful customers.

If you're a person who has to have the latest and greatest then you'll be at the mercy of the new contract terms. Before I got my iPhone I just pretty much felt that a phone was a phone. When my 2 years was up I had no incentive to get a new phone. The one I had was working and there were no new plans that were better than the one that I was on. So I just continued on a month-to-month basis under the old plan. I did this for 2 years until I finally decided it was time for an iPhone.