What's new

Verizon iPhone Ordering Dates / Availability

I'm a Verizon guy with a Droid X and I want to pre order on Feb 3rd, but I sill have 6 months left on my 2 year contract. I know there will be an early termination fee, I think of about $60 if it was prorated. Will I have to wait till the 10th and go into a store to order like the masses or do you think I can order online like the other existing Verizon customers?

Thanks,
Pat

Since no one answered I'm will lol. You will need to go into the store, unless you want to go a whole week with no phone. You COULD cancel your line, ETF applies, and then preorder it as a new line on the 3rd, but you'll be phone less a week

I'm a Verizon guy with a Droid X and I want to pre order on Feb 3rd, but I sill have 6 months left on my 2 year contract. I know there will be an early termination fee, I think of about $60 if it was prorated. Will I have to wait till the 10th and go into a store to order like the masses or do you think I can order online like the other existing Verizon customers?

Thanks,
Pat

Since no one answered I'm will lol. You will need to go into the store, unless you want to go a whole week with no phone. You COULD cancel your line, ETF applies, and then preorder it as a new line on the 3rd, but you'll be phone less a week

Why would he be out of a phone? As long as you have an active Verizon phone number, you can activate ANY Verizon phone on that number at ANY time. If you buy/order a new phone, it doesn't actually get applied to your phone number until you manually activate it once you receive it (or take it to the store, but that's a waste of time). You just dial *228 from any inactive Verizon phone, press 1 to program your phone, enter your phone number and password, done. Only takes a minute or two.

You don't even have to go to the store at all to get the iPhone. Even if you don't pre-order it on the 3rd, you can call customer service on the 10th and they'll mail it to you in 1-2 days.

Last edited:
What is the difference with this new iPhone? Is it something America has only? Or is it coming to UK also?
This iPhone is exactly the same as the one on AT&T and that the rest of the world has, except it's CDMA instead of GSM. They needed to use a different antenna, so the antenna issue present on current iPhone 4's may be fixed.

Thanks.

Will this only be available in the USA?

Am I assuming it's a network bringing out a iPhone rather than apple?

Hey guys how's it going... First post.. cant wait for my Verizon Iphone!..

Thanks,
Pat

Why would he be out of a phone? As long as you have an active Verizon phone number, you can activate ANY Verizon phone on that number at ANY time. If you buy/order a new phone, it doesn't actually get applied to your phone number until you manually activate it once you receive it (or take it to the store, but that's a waste of time). You just dial *228 from any inactive Verizon phone, press 1 to program your phone, enter your phone number and password, done. Only takes a minute or two.

You don't even have to go to the store at all to get the iPhone. Even if you don't pre-order it on the 3rd, you can call customer service on the 10th and they'll mail it to you in 1-2 days.

Yes, but in order to get the upgrade price, if you have no upgrade and don't want another line, you will have to cancel a line, ETF, and start a new line. This is to get the upgrade price, and would save a lot of money over buying it full retail.

Example, I have an original droid, ETF fee is $140 for me now. I pay that, then start a new line with the 32gb iPhone, total cost is $450+ tax, or I can buy full retail at $749.99... I'll take the ETF fee lol

I guess if you don't mind changing your phone number so much... I've had this same number for years and I plan to keep it.

Where did the $749.99 price come from? Last I heard, the full retail price hadn't been announced yet... but I thought it was cheaper than that on AT&T.

I guess if you don't mind changing your phone number so much... I've had this same number for years and I plan to keep it.

Where did the $749.99 price come from? Last I heard, the full retail price hadn't been announced yet... but I thought it was cheaper than that on AT&T.

My point is FOR HIM it's the only way to get it preordered and get the upgrade price. And, this is taken directly from the VZW iPhone page:

VerizonWireless said:
How much will iPhone cost?

$199.99 for the 16GB model, and $299.99 for the 32GB model, with a new 2 year agreement. iPhone 4 will also be available for purchase at full retail price - $649.99 for the 16GB model, and $749.99 for the 32GB model.

iPhone 4. Verizon. It Begins.

Hmm, thanks, I didn't know they released the retail price...

Lame that it's so damn expensive...

Just to let everyone know, if you are a current verizon customer check the upgrade eligibility date closely. On my plan it is listed as 2/10/2011. I call Verizon and spoke to a couple of representatives as to whether I would be able to pre-order the phone on 2/03 since I would not be getting the phone until 2/10 and was told that I could order the phone but it would be at full retail price. However, I could go to a Verizon or Apple store on 2/10 and could get the discount price.

I was really hoping to avoid having to go to the store on the launch day but it looks like I will be going straight from work. (I work overnights and get off at 4:30am).

When I mentioned to the rep that I really did not want to go to the store and wait in line and asked if there was anyway they could make me eligible for the pre-sell. He said it was beyond their control, but that all of the store would have plenty on hand. I then reminded him that Apple and AT&T thought they had enough of the each new version of the iphone and in every case most if not all store were sold out within hours.

Also for those that are worried about the iphone 5 coming out early summer, from the recent rumors the white iphone 4 will be launching in late February. It would seem odd for Apple to launch an iphone on Verizon and finally have the white iphone 4 available within months of them launching a new iphone 5. I would not be suprised to see the iphone 5 launch pushed back to early winter or even into early 2012. I will be getting the Verizon Iphone either way, but it will be fun to watch what happens.

Also for those that are worried about the iphone 5 coming out early summer, from the recent rumors the white iphone 4 will be launching in late February. It would seem odd for Apple to launch an iphone on Verizon and finally have the white iphone 4 available within months of them launching a new iphone 5. I would not be suprised to see the iphone 5 launch pushed back to early winter or even into early 2012. I will be getting the Verizon Iphone either way, but it will be fun to watch what happens.
Who knows, maybe AT&T will get the iPhone 5 this summer and Verizon will get it next.

Who knows, maybe AT&T will get the iPhone 5 this summer and Verizon will get it next.

no that wont happen, releasing a white iphone or a iphone on another carrier wont stop apple releasing a new iphone, the release cycle is summer and i dont see that changing anytime soon, plus the 3gs had trouble with the white also and the 3g and that did not stop apple releasing new iphones every summer

I don't get why they even bothered to release the iPhone 4 now. They claim that there was so much pressure and they couldn't wait any longer, but there has been pressure ever since it was introduced in 2007. Surely they could have waited a few more months, since after all no one knew for sure it was going to come out next month.