What's new

Verizon iPhone Ordering Dates / Availability

I hope I get to pre-order on the 3rd....are there certain requirements that will dictate whether or not you are able? I am a Verizon customer....have been for years...NEED iPhone.

You will be fine! Verizon wireless customers can only get the iPhone on pre-order. First come, first serve! So make sure your due for an upgrade at discount pricing or you’re going to have to pay full price.

I hope I get to pre-order on the 3rd....are there certain requirements that will dictate whether or not you are able? I am a Verizon customer....have been for years...NEED iPhone.

You will be fine! Verizon wireless customers can only get the iPhone on pre-order. First come, first serve! So make sure your due for an upgrade at discount pricing or you’re going to have to pay full price.

so preorder on the 3rd on verizon.com? then phone is sent and will arrive....? (thanks for response btw)

so preorder on the 3rd on verizon.com? then phone is sent and will arrive....? (thanks for response btw)

verizonwireless.com (you must set up an account with Verizon first!) then on or around the 3rd you will be able to pre-order. They will ship the phone on feb 9th next day air (fedex or ups) so you can have the device on the 10th (release day) then you can FINALLY enjoy the most talked about/rumored phone for Verizon wireless ;)

May I ask why everyone knows they ship next day air and such from apple.

I'm trying to find out what happened last year for pre-orders and what time exactly, like midnight?

May I ask why everyone knows they ship next day air and such from apple.

I'm trying to find out what happened last year for pre-orders and what time exactly, like midnight?

Every time I have ordered from Apple and Verizon, it has always been overnight. The ONLY order that wasn't was when I ordered my iPad after the rush started on them. I had to wait for it to come in from China. This has always just always been their policies.

Man I really like the idea of the home delivery. Thinking I'll be going that route.

jkhonea, Droidforums.net right? if so, im happy to not be only one getting the iPhone ;) but yes, home delivery beats store pick up.

I am another from Droidforums.net. I used to be a moderator on that website. There will be a lot more over here once it gets closer to the release date for the iPhone on Verizon.

I'm a Verizon guy with a Droid X and I want to pre order on Feb 3rd, but I sill have 6 months left on my 2 year contract. I know there will be an early termination fee, I think of about $60 if it was prorated. Will I have to wait till the 10th and go into a store to order like the masses or do you think I can order online like the other existing Verizon customers?

Thanks,
Pat

Same situation here......but my wife is available for an upgrade but does not want an Iphone!!!

If you have someone else on your account that is ready for an upgrade but does not want the Iphone. Just use their upgrade to get it and then put your phone number on it. This way you can still get it as soon as possible.

As far as will you be able to pre-order it at midnight that is a good question as there are several time zones in the U S and some people will be at midnight before others. Maybe I will tell them I am in Europe for the day and order it five hours ahead of midnight here LOL just kidding i don't think that will work.

ok but the real question is what time will pre order start?
12am? but im on the east coast so its still 9pm in Cali

ok but the real question is what time will pre order start?
12am? but im on the east coast so its still 9pm in Cali

My "guess" would be midnight, EST, but I'm not positive. Just trying to remember when something like this happened when the website changed. Guess I'll be sitting there hitting refresh over and over again. :D

I've thought more about this and I think the only way to go about this is if I want the iphone before my upgrade is up, I'll have to pay full retail for the iphone, then sell my DX on ebay, but I'm guessing ebay will be flooded with droids when the iphone comes out and everyone else has the same idea and the prices will drop a lot. uggh!

I've thought more about this and I think the only way to go about this is if I want the iphone before my upgrade is up, I'll have to pay full retail for the iphone, then sell my DX on ebay, but I'm guessing ebay will be flooded with droids when the iphone comes out and everyone else has the same idea and the prices will drop a lot. uggh!

I don't think you'll have the severe price drop in your DX that you think. Are there going to be people switching? Yes. but the Android community is still strong and growing. I suspect you will do better than you think on the sale. I would be more concerned about the release of the LTE phones hurting you, but you should be ahead of them.

I'm a Verizon guy with a Droid X and I want to pre order on Feb 3rd, but I sill have 6 months left on my 2 year contract. I know there will be an early termination fee, I think of about $60 if it was prorated. Will I have to wait till the 10th and go into a store to order like the masses or do you think I can order online like the other existing Verizon customers?

Thanks,
Pat

Dude if you are already a Verizon Wireless customer there WONT be an early termination fee unless you cancel Verizon and go to AT&T or something. An early termination fee only applies if you cancel your Verizon Wireless service. If you aren't eligible for an upgrade then you will have to pay full retail price on the phone.

Thanks,
Pat

Dude if you are already a Verizon Wireless customer there WONT be an early termination fee unless you cancel Verizon and go to AT&T or something. An early termination fee only applies if you cancel your Verizon Wireless service. If you aren't eligible for an upgrade then you will have to pay full retail price on the phone.

Wow you were wrong a lot lol. In his case, YES there would be an early termination fee involved, hence why he said about $60. He would need to cancel his line and get a new one to get an upgrade price, thus skipping paying full retail. That is what I am doing, and have already confirmed this works with the branch manager at the corporate store where I live.