What's new

Verizon iPhone 4 volume boosting?

SteamRoller

Reaction score
I used the search function to see if this question was answered already... but anyway... I was wondering if there was a way you can boost the volume on the iPhone 4 (iOS 4.2.6).

Now, I don't mean the speaker or the ringtone volume (it's loud enough), I'm talking about the earphone volume for the iPod in the iPhone 4. The app Volume Booster 4.0 on Cydia doesn't seem to do anything. Is there any alternatives out there as well? I heard using the Fiio E1 boosts the earphone volume, but I heard anyone use it with the iPhone 4.

Any suggestions?

Are you adjusting the volume DURING the call? If you crank up the volume all the way outside of the call it does NOTHING for the volume while on the call. You MUST hit the volume up button while talking on the phone, in the midst of a call. Then it will remember what volume you had it set on.

Are you adjusting the volume DURING the call? If you crank up the volume all the way outside of the call it does NOTHING for the volume while on the call. You MUST hit the volume up button while talking on the phone, in the midst of a call. Then it will remember what volume you had it set on.

The call volume is just fine. I'm talking about the volume you hear when you play music or videos on the iPhone 4 through the earphones. It's already up all the way, but I'm wondering if there's a tweak or other earphones that are louder for the iPhone 4.

Update: I just ordered the Fiio E5 Headphone Amplifier.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E5-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B001P9EQH8"]Amazon.com: FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier: Electronics[/ame]

According to the reviews, it says it boosts any headphone volume as well as the quality. Now, I'm not too sure about the quality, but I'm more interested in the volume.

I'll post up a review here on the forums once I get it and test it out on my iPhone 4.